JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung a71 bluetooth issues

(Topic created: 09-07-2020 06:17 PM)
userLNLM5kzqY8
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have noticed in just the last few days that my a71 seems to be having issues with its bluetooth. It will be connected to a bluetooth speaker, such as in my car or a standalone speaker, and I will be playing a youtube video and the sound will randomly cut out for like a second, the video keeps going then the audio kicks back in, just cutting out where ever it stopped and pick back up where ever the video is at. So its not like its a buffering issue, it just seems to almost be dropping connectivity for 1-2 seconds. and it is very random, some times it can go 40-50 minutes without dropping any sound, other times it can do it within a few minutes of the last drop. It seems to do it on both live youtube videos, and downloaded videos so i dont think its a youtube thing. Anyone ever have any similar issues and know how to fix it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Try testing the connection in Safe Mode. 

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Bixby / Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
  3. When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Bixby / Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
  7. While in Safe mode, you can now uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

If the issue persists, service would be recommended. Please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number of the phone. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Thomasdimes
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
reboot the phone and keep Bluetooth off the audio is switching through phone and Bluetooth device
0 Likes
user5RaBO7VtIz
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Having the exact same issues, with podcast apps and music, across multiple bluetooth devices. Rebooting and clearing the bluetooth service cache have done nothing to alleviate my problems.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Try testing the connection in Safe Mode. 

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Bixby / Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
  3. When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Bixby / Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
  7. While in Safe mode, you can now uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

If the issue persists, service would be recommended. Please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number of the phone. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices
what type of apps could cause this issue to happen?
Krevnik
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have run into this issue as well and I am not streaming. This occurs while playing music and audible books that have been downloaded to the device. I will try the reboot suggestion and the safe mode suggestion to see if that helps.
0 Likes
mrggarrison
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My A71 is currently going back to Samsung under warranty for bluetooth and other connectivity issues.

I had three issues:

1. Bluetooth would sporatically disconnect from wireless headphones and from vehicle bluetooth (2020 model year).  In vehicle it woud connect when starting the vehicle, then withing a few seconds disconnect then reconnect.  Sometimes this would happen withing the first 1 - 2 minutes of starting the car.  Sometimes it would happen several minutes later.  It (so far) would always reconnect to the vehicle immediately.  This happened almost every day I drove my vehicle.  The wireless heaphones were more difficult.  They would sometime disconnect and require going into teh bluetooth menu and reselecting the headphones.  Sometimes it would be a turn bluetooth off/on to reconnect.  Sometimes it would require a full power cycle on both phone and headphones.   This issue would happen almost daily at least once.
  2. Issue two was the bottom left corner of my screen was glitching.  It was acting like it was being touched by an invisible finger.  Since the screen thinks it is being touched it made doing anything else almost impossible because the "recent Apps" key kept being activated.  I was able to record video of this with another phone.  It really does look like its repeatedly being touched by an invisible finger, essentially cancelling any other function you are trying to do.  I saw this happen twice.  Once while the phone was sitting on a table and not being used, the other was while I was actively on the phone with Samsung Tech Support.
  3. The third issue is in my vehicle the USB connection to the vehicle would rapidly "connect/disconnect".  It would rapidly flash the "connecting USB /disconnecting USB" for approximately 2-3 seconds then disconnect.  If you removed the USB from the vehicle to reset the pairing it would connect again, then after a random amount of time it would rapidly flash "connecting USB /disconnecting USB" for 2-3 seconds then disconect.  It may work for an hour, or it may work for 5 minutes and never improve beyond that regardless of how many times you reconnect it.   This issue happened every time i tried to use the USB connection in my vehicle, which rendered any Android Auto and map navigation functionality useless.

I sent the phone in 2 weeks ago, and for some reason my tech support agent wrote the screen glitch issue as the priority problem.  They replaced my screen, and returned my phone.  They for some reason did nothting about the other issues.  So I had to immediately send it back in AGAIN to address what were my biggest complaints.

I never had these issues with any of my previous phones (S3, S7 or S8) nor the S4 I had to borrow while my A71 is back at the mothership so I a phone for emergencies.  This A71 though has had issues since I got it in late August 2020.

Members_wkgzhLs
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I had the same bluetooth glitching. Followed the SamsungRei, above and restarted the phone in Safe Mode. While in Safe Mode, glitching was gone. Restarted the phone in normal mode, and for over three hours now, bluetooth played perfectly.

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes