Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BradV
Cosmic Ray

Samsung cloud contact sync and navigation in Google maps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have found a flaw to backing up to the Samsung cloud. I've done a test with all my contacts backing up to the Samsung cloud. And I tried telling both Bixby and Google maps To navigate to my named contact. Google maps is unable to To find A contact to navigate to. When I Saved a contact to my phone backing up to Google, Bixby and Google assistant were able to find that contact and navigate to it. I find it very bizarre considering I do have the Google contacts sync set in settings also. Maybe there is a disconnect with Google maps and the syncing of the contacts via that option. Also, in my Google settings personal content is turned on for search results.

I would think this would be something that needs immediate attention for Samsung cloud users! If I need the extra storage above out the allotted free amount, I definitely would not pay for it considering this is a key feature of navigation.

I also Sent this via feedback to Samsung

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BradV
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung cloud contact sync and navigation in Google maps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Problem solved. There is about a 1/2 an hour lag time after a sync of  google for stuff to pull through the Google maps

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BradV
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Problem solved. There is about a 1/2 an hour lag time after a sync of  google for stuff to pull through the Google maps

View solution in original post

useroAmoygUgd3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I could not think of anything else! The best!

BradV
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Actually now it isn't working. None of my contacts are syncing to Google... 1 I honestly think it's because I have everything backed up to the Samsung cloud. So the addresses aren't pulling over again . I don't know what to Check

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @BradV, thanks so much for reaching out about this. Have you contacted Google about this behavior?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

BradV
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No I haven't.   It's maddening 

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay, @BradV, thanks for letting us know. I would suggest that you reach out to them for further assistance with this, as they are the ones who develop this application.

I hope you are able to find a fix with them. If you need help with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.