cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung galaxy s20 Ultra keeps deleting one contacts text messages after a few hours!

I just recently switched from my s9 plus to the new ultra. When i opened messages i saw all the messages between me and my mom were gone. I didnt care because they were old messages any way. But i texted her like all day yesterday and then when i went to text her today they were all gone again. i already checked the delete messages after so long setting and its set to never. Can someone help me solve this issue?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung galaxy s20 Ultra keeps deleting one contacts text messages after a few hours!

Hello @Samsung_0oCiH1w ,

If you transferred information from your old phone to your new phone, a bug with the transfer can be causing the issue... So, first make sure the messages app is up to date, go to the Galaxy store and in the menu (top right),go to my apps and check if there's an update. If everything is up to date, then you can try clearing the cache/data for the messages app. Settings-apps-messages-storage-clear cache and clear data.

Try that and see if you're messages are still disappearing. Since you have the "delete old messages" turned off, the messages shouldn't be deleting. I hope this works for you!

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!