JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung pay downloaded from play store not working with Galaxy A7 (2017)

(Topic created: 03-25-2017 10:18 AM)
Whonty7
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I bought a Galaxy A7 (2017), and as I was setting it up I downloaded Samsung Pay from the play store, which is fine but I considered it a little strange that it wasn't available for download from the Galaxy app store, but I downloaded it anyway but it doesn't do anything. Like, it doesn't go past the loading screen. It just says that it can't contact the server and then it closes. Is there something wrong with my phone or the app itself?

Because this phone is brand new and I'm already using Android Pay, and that works just fine.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey @Whonty7

Currently Samsung Pay does not work on Unlocked or Non-USA devices. This was a feature that banks and credit card companies requested for the safety of your money. I'm sorry for that inconvenience, but at least Android Pay works for you still.  ðŸ™‚

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey @Whonty7

Currently Samsung Pay does not work on Unlocked or Non-USA devices. This was a feature that banks and credit card companies requested for the safety of your money. I'm sorry for that inconvenience, but at least Android Pay works for you still.  ðŸ™‚

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userntDqS9ayAu
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have a Note 8. Never had Samsung Pay before. Downloaded the app but doesn't get past loading screen. It' through Sprint and bought and operated in the US. Any fix to this?

0 Likes
userZrl5BEEiSQ
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

dr.fon

0 Likes