Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Screenshot volume down power key not working

Someone said:

How to take a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy A50

1. Open the app or website or screen that you want to capture.
  2. When you’re ready, press and hold Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
  3. Release these buttons once you hear the shutter sound (doesn’t appear in silent mode).

That doesnt work since last year. I already tried to have the dexterity icon on my screen to take screenshots, but takes space and annoys me. 

Then you have the right swipe with the palm but that doesnt work in some apps or games and instead just slides the screen! 

Now I am trying with Bixby voice over to ask her to take screenshot. But hear me out please, I miss that faster way to take screenshot and please make it work again! Please! 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Screenshot volume down power key not working

Hey, 

@user21CsR02zDv

I used to either lower the volume or pull up power menu. 

Since they shortened the delay time on the Volume down power key combination it works perfectly. 

I've been running Samsung one hand operation+ for about a year and really like it for taking screenshots. I still use the hardware keys once in a while on some open screens.

Add a handle to side of screen and swipe to take a screenshot. Very simple and fast. We can change the width, height, color, position or make them transparent. So many great features and options in this small app. Runs at startup and holds around 25 mbs of memory.

Maybe a good option while waiting to get the hardware keys working again. 

Best regards, 

CLF