Original topic:

Settings>Remote Support

(Topic created: 08-10-2022 03:53 PM)
ChristinaCvS
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I woke to find my device had done its weekly security update and said "swipe to unlock" on the screen with the next screen requiring my password. 
I could not open it.
I had just changed it the night before, written it down & registered my fingerprints.
I had to go through the unlock steps to get into it. 

Once I got back in, I noticed something odd. There is now something called Remote Support (Settings>Remote Support) that was not there last night. 

I had briefly turned back on all the apps I had disabled, including Link to Windows and Companion Device Manager as well as Your Phone Companion.

I don't know if this is a Google Pixel thing, an Android dev thing or a Microsoft thing (long shot on that one unless mirrored on a computer screen & I do not own a working computer).

What the heck is this thing that has been injected into my phone?

0 Likes
3 Replies
jam9172
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Are you scared of remote support? That's a Galaxy feature for Samsung phones.
0 Likes
ChristinaCvS
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I never called or requested Remote Support so there is no reason it should be there. It was not there on update in my A71 5G. It may be standard in another model, but not mine.
Buckeyeman50
Nebula
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I believe it comes pre installed. My A-53 5G had it pre installed, but i disabled it right off the bat. Only to have to have it updated so that i could use it to talk to customer support.
0 Likes