This morning my Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) updated the software and now my settings won't open. I click on it but then nothing happens and the message "settings keeps stopping" will appear every 2 or 3 minutes.
I found a thread from last March where a user had a similar problem, but it seems that user was able to at least open the settings and fix the problem through the developer options. I can't even do that because the settings are completely inaccessible to me.
Does anyone know how I can fix this? I already restarted the phone several times, the problem is still here. I really didn't want to reset my phone and even then I'm not sure if that would be a solution to the problem.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Have you tried wiping the cache partition of the device?
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
I would be happy to look into your concerns.
Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL
(15) Digit IMEI Number:
If the symptom still happens when your device is in safe mode a service repair is recommended. You may have two options for this depending on your location. You can either visit a local uBreakiFix location or you always have the option of shipping your phone into the Samsung service center. If you would like for me to set you up with a ticket to ship your phone in or would like your warranty status checked just send me a private message with your full model code and IMEI number.