JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Since update mic doesn't work galaxy a54

(Topic created: 12-24-2023 05:21 AM)
joche
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
After last update one UI 6.0 the microphone doesn't work properly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Someone has the same issue? It was working perfectly before!!! Please HELP!!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
joche
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Update.

I just took my phone to Samsung authorized service because also started to fail the charging port and as it is next to the microphone was to think that both hings had been damaged. They replaced it and I paid $118 because the warranty does not cover the charging port, so they gave it to me and the microphone failure continues can you believe that? I was told it's probably a software glitch. I called Samsung and they told me the same thing however they told me that I can send it to them for review and that can take up to 20 days, which I will not do. Bottom line if in two weeks there is no update that fixes the fault I will return the phone and unfortunately switch to apple.

View solution in context

11 Replies
markWyatt
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

If the microphone on your Samsung Galaxy A54 is not working after a software update, it can be frustrating, but there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Restart Your Phone: A simple restart can sometimes resolve temporary software glitches. Turn off your phone, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on.

2. Check Microphone Permissions: Ensure that the apps requiring microphone access have the necessary permissions. Go to Settings > Apps > [App Name] > Permissions, and make sure the microphone permission is enabled for the relevant apps.

3. Test in Safe Mode: Boot your Galaxy A54 into Safe Mode to check if a third-party app is causing the issue. If the microphone works in Safe Mode, it suggests that a third-party app may be the culprit.

4. Clear Cache Partition: Clearing the cache partition can resolve system-related issues. To do this:

• Turn off the phone.
    • Press and hold the Volume Up button + Bixby button (if available) + Power button.
    • Release the buttons when the Samsung logo appears.
    • Use the volume buttons to navigate to "Wipe Cache Partition" and press the Power button to select it.
    • After the process is complete, select "Reboot System Now."
  5. Check for Software Updates: Ensure that your phone's software is up to date. Go to Settings > Software update > Download and install.

6. Factory Reset: If none of the above steps work, you may consider performing a factory reset. This will erase all data on your device, so be sure to back up your important data first. To perform a factory reset, go to Settings > General management > Reset > Factory data reset.

7. Contact Samsung Support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it's recommended to contact Samsung support. There could be an underlying hardware issue, and they can provide further assistance or guide you on potential solutions.

Always ensure that your device is backed up before performing a factory reset, as it will erase all data on the device. If your device is still under warranty, consider seeking assistance from Samsung's official support channels.

Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have the same problem.  Mic not working anymore after update to android 14 one ui 6.0

Work on phone call, but not with other applications (messenger, whatapp).  

More, this version is more cpu intensive, si battery is more sollicited. 

joche
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Any updates?
0 Likes
joche
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yes.

I just took my phone to Samsung authorized service because also started to fail the charging port and as it is next to the microphone was to think that both hings had been damaged. They replaced it and I paid $118 because the warranty does not cover the charging port, so they gave it to me and the microphone failure continues can you believe that? I was told it's probably a software glitch. I called Samsung and they told me the same thing however they told me that I can send it to them for review and that can take up to 20 days, which I will not do. Bottom line if in two weeks there is no update that fixes the fault I will return the phone and unfortunately switch to apple.
0 Likes
joche
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks but I already did everything you mentioned and still doesn't work
0 Likes
MattyBSammy
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Same here. Doesn't work on my A54 5g after update. The top microphone works, but not the bottom. Videos sound terrible without the bottom microphone working. Won't even work with Samsung's voice recorder.
MattyBSammy
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Update. It voice recorder now works. I turned Bluetooth off so my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic wasn't connected. Then I powered of my phone. Powered it back on and now it works. Not restart. But actually power off. Then wait and then power on.
6FT8
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Having to pay samsung £19:95 for them to repair this for me even thou my phone is less than 3 months old sent email complaint to uk.president@samsung.com I am very unhappy after the 16th OF DECEMBER 2023 UPDATE HAS CAUSED THIS !

joche
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
That's unacceptable!! Well in my case they told me they won't charge me anything. I'm going this Thursday