cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_0Vz0RKV
Astronaut

Software things

My Samsung J3 (2018) is still on the original Oreo update (8.0.0) rather than the newer update (8.1.0) or the newer Pie update. In addition, I found out the OS is only running a 32 bit but the hardware has the capability to run 64 bit.

Can anyone explain these things.

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Software things

@Samsung_0Vz0RKV wrote:

My Samsung J3 (2018) is still on the original Oreo update (8.0.0) rather than the newer update (8.1.0) or the newer Pie update. In addition, I found out the OS is only running a 32 bit but the hardware has the capability to run 64 bit.

Can anyone explain these things.

1. Pie is not currently out for this model in the US. Aside from Google, manufacturers rarely acknowledge incremental updates (ex. 8.1 Oreo). Even flagships rarely receive minor OS updates.

2. 64bit offers no advantage for entry level phones, especially when addressable memory is under 4GB. RAM utilization increases, so devices with less memory will actually suffer. Storage use by 64bit apps is greater too, which means devices with < 8-32GB ROM will fill up quicker. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.