Original topic:

Sound problem Samsung Galaxy A8 2018

(Topic created: 05-02-2018 01:34 PM)
Flavi Morosan
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello guys.

Recently, I bought a new Samsung Galaxy A8 2018, and since I updated the android, I have sound prolem, like static sound and distorted sound. It happens almost every time is listen to music or watch a video on YouTube or Google.

I booted the phone in SafeMode, to see if there is an app that is causing this problem, but the sound distortion and the static sound is still there.

I even made a factory reset, but with no success.

Any idea for the fix?

I have the warranty, so I should send the phone to service or wait for a new update for the android?

Thx guys!

232 Replies
uservyuBEikB5O
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same problem here! It has happened since the beginning, and everytime I reproduce audio over the main speaker (not over the headphones jack or over bluetooth).

Did the OTA software update two days ago, but the issue is still there.

I've had my phone for two weeks, and would be happy with it had it not been for this, but it's a major issue and not acceptable.

Has anyone found a solution? If it's a HW problem, can Samsung fix it without affecting the IP68 (waterproof) capabilities?

0 Likes
usernEX5yvlMTl
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I observed that this problem appeared at my phone with July update, when introduced the Dolby atmos feature...I don't know if bootloader let me downgrade to June firmware,now, when I just installed the October update.I guess Dolby atmos feature make this problem...

0 Likes
Makiem
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

1st October update - no fix. I've given up. Thanks Samsung, I've learned my lesson. I had Samsung midrange led TV give me troubles after year and half, now midrange smartphone. Poor QC, I'll try my luck with new companies that have something to prove and win customers over. 

We shall see how long can you make money off of old glory and brand name.

0 Likes
user4e37v2Ie2K
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have exactly the same problem guys!

0 Likes
userHf4UNtrL5Z
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same here. When a notification arrives and the notification sound will skip a tone (like the sound dong-dang and it turns out ...-dang). Not only this bothering me, when I use the samsung keyboard with the typing sound on, the sound will also failed to catch up. I hope it just a software problem. 

0 Likes
echo26
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

same to me. this happens clearly after i running a game with game launcher in high performance, the sound skipping in frequently. i think it just the game but apparently my notification sound goes skipping too. after i restart my phone and i played a music, the skipping seems reduced

0 Likes
userJYIzTiglEY
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have the exact same problem. The key board sounds don't work and when I'm watching YouTube or Netflix it cuts out  

0 Likes
userC7UytlmgWw
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same problem, bought in Hungary, after 1 hour of starting it up, the issues began. It is crazy that there is still no solution to this after all this time.

Wiacnuqas98
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello guys 

I'll try to help 

Here the solution 

1.Change sound mode to vibrate or silent. If this not work try : 

2.Restart your device.

Option 1 work for me

Thanks guys cmiiw

user6BgsQEYu9c
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

did any one found a solution..

wow this seems to be a common problem and this phone is new..i think samsung should make a software update soon to resolve the problem..

0 Likes