Original topic:

Sound problem Samsung Galaxy A8 2018

(Topic created: 05-07-2018 01:43 PM)
Flavi Morosan
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello guys.

Recently, I bought a new Samsung Galaxy A8 2018, and since I updated the android, I have sound prolem, like static sound and distorted sound. It happens almost every time is listen to music or watch a video on YouTube or Google.

I booted the phone in SafeMode, to see if there is an app that is causing this problem, but the sound distortion and the static sound is still there.

I even made a factory reset, but with no success.

Any idea for the fix?

I have the warranty, so I should send the phone to service or wait for a new update for the android?

Thx guys!

232 Replies
Flavi Morosan
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

If this is the problem, we have to send the phone back , because the kernel stff cannot be fixed with an update. Only if they change the phone "message" the kernel is receiving.

0 Likes
auToeXeC_g33k
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

The kernel can (and needs to) be updated with android updates, as some features need kernel-level changes to be implemented.

Also, today I noticed a more accurate pattern:

1: While the phone is charging, hiccups happen regardless of the charge level (I got a hiccup while charging at 28%).

2: While discharging, hiccups happen, and still only above a certain threshold, but that threshold seems to be always different after each charge, sometimes ~70%, sometimes ~85%, etc. I reliable never got a hiccup under 60% charge.

This leads me to believe that this is in fact a power delivery issue. I am in no way a professional though, you could say that this is just my hobby. All this is just theory and speculation, but maybe it'll help you guys find out if this really is the case with the issue.

echo26
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

guys, have you encountered the hiccup in samsung music while charging the phone? i played some music with phone charged and i didn't hear any hiccups coming πŸ€”

0 Likes
jamongroo
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@echo26wrote:

guys, have you encountered the hiccup in samsung music while charging the phone? i played some music with phone charged and i didn't hear any hiccups coming πŸ€”

yep, already tried several music player including Samsung Music (which an official apps from Samsung I assumed), but still happening on me. The hiccups show after played for 5-6 musics, in my experiences.

0 Likes
Bencanon
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Step #1 would have to be Samsung to acknowledge the problem and letting us know that they are working on it. I'm not sure how this can be done.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@auToeXeC_g33k Very interesting. Now that I think of it, I often charge my phone to full, which means it took me almost a whole day to drain the battery to 60% (the battery is that good). 

If you are right, this means we can get our issue fixed with a software update. That being said, we still need Samsung to acknowledge this issue to confirm that we will get a fix.

0 Likes
user6lm8pzDNnQ
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have the same problem, and I just bought the cellphone today... Yeah ! After 10 hours, my new cellphone already has a sound problem.
0 Likes
jamongroo
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@user6lm8pzDNnQwrote:
I have the same problem, and I just bought the cellphone today... Yeah ! After 10 hours, my new cellphone already has a sound problem.

Let's really wish that what @auToeXeC_g33k said is true, so our phone can be fixed with software update.

Because looks like the people who get the same issues is increasing each day, I think.

And looks like it's a worldwide issue, not just regional issues.

Which Samsung really need to acknowledge our problems.

Because seriously, go to Service Center is wasting time, because they also do not know what happened with our phone,

and later suggested to open up our device to be tested. And the hardware seems not to be the cause,

because we can testing speaker failure using *#0*#, and the speaker does not hiccup at all.

I tried using Safe Mode too, and the speaker works fine.

I think the issue only appears while charging, because when I'm not charging the speaker works fine ( Or so I thought. )

0 Likes
auToeXeC_g33k
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I too thought that it's the charging at first, but since it happens with a high-charged battery while discharging, I'm more leaning towards the fact that it has to do with the current levels of the battery. And since the speaker actually works fine (the sound is completely normal besides the hiccups) itdoesn't really suggest a hardware issue, more so a software, more precisely, kernel.

Moreover, I don't know if you've heard or not, but the A8's Oreo update is gonna be pretty late, which makes me wonder if that's because we're getting 8.1 straight (every other Galaxy has 8.0, the S9 just started getting 8.1). If we're jumping 2 version up, they surely have to change something in the kernel, which could easily lead to them fixing the issue. This is what I'm hoping until Samsung acknowledges this as a known issue.

Edit: 8.0 Oreo has just been Wi-Fi certified, so that part of the theory has been proven wrong, but the fact that even 8.0 might bring a fresh kernel (or Samsung is actually aware and just fixes the current one) has not changed.

0 Likes
user5RafBnlzdr
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Listen guys. There is only one way out to this. Open samsung members app and register a complaint. Each one of you. Or they won't ever come to know. 

Another thing that i noticed that diatortion was there while i was not charging and battery was around 60% too. So they should do something before it is late.

0 Likes