Original topic:

Sound problem Samsung Galaxy A8 2018

(Topic created: 05-10-2018 11:38 AM)
Flavi Morosan
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello guys.

Recently, I bought a new Samsung Galaxy A8 2018, and since I updated the android, I have sound prolem, like static sound and distorted sound. It happens almost every time is listen to music or watch a video on YouTube or Google.

I booted the phone in SafeMode, to see if there is an app that is causing this problem, but the sound distortion and the static sound is still there.

I even made a factory reset, but with no success.

Any idea for the fix?

I have the warranty, so I should send the phone to service or wait for a new update for the android?

Thx guys!

232 Replies
useruYu4RBkphZ
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I found it. First play without earphone then put your earphones in. 

That simple  

0 Likes
userWS1JR9mHrk
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

After oreo update i figured out the problem remains but the hiccups only appears when you are charging at anytime, it works normaly when discharging

0 Likes
echo26
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

updated to the orio, still have the hiccup while no charge under 60% battery level

0 Likes
userSKXFECRN0X
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Exactly same for me except charge levels slightly lower for it to work properly
0 Likes
userKJmdVYBpxe
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Exactly for me 

Is it a hardware issue or sofware issue?

I just bought tow models of samsung 

Note 6 and A8 2018

Both of them have had problem

I will hope for it that it is a soft issue. 

0 Likes
userUB5JprdHPr
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

That's super weird because mine is charging at 99 and for the last like hour it had been doing it but now it seems to stop? It also seems like the volume has something to do with it because it does it a lot less on high volume than low.

0 Likes
userX1BRqGPXVg
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I got an email from Samsung about A8 2018 speaker issue they told me to try *#0*# then press speaker 

0 Likes
user7K3cax69y3
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

// FOUND THE SOLUTION !!

I bought my A8 2018 yesterday, right away i updated the phone, after watching some videos for 1-2 hours i noticed that the sound was interrupting for 1 second. After doing some research on the internet i found 3 solutions. I tried all if them but unfortunatly none of them worked for me, let me know if it worked for you!

(This might work for other devices too)

1. WIPE CACHE PARTITION BY GOING TO RECOVERY MODE ( DON'T WORRY YOUR PERSONAL FILES/APPS WILL STAY! )

2. ENABLE DEVELOPER OPTIONS AND GO TO THE MEDIA SECTION AND ENABLE PREVENT USB AUDIO ROUTING

3. INSTALL AN APP CALLED "SoundAbout" AND SET MEDIA TO SPEAKER.

0 Likes
echo26
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

well i've tried the prevent usb audio routing in dev mode but the hiccup still happens. btw the longer you watch a video in youtube (like streaming), the more often the hiccup will occur.

0 Likes
user7K3cax69y3
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I just realized that too, it seems like it's a software issue rather than hardware. Samsung please fix.

0 Likes