Original topic:

Sound problem Samsung Galaxy A8 2018

(Topic created: 05-28-2018 10:49 AM)
Flavi Morosan
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello guys.

Recently, I bought a new Samsung Galaxy A8 2018, and since I updated the android, I have sound prolem, like static sound and distorted sound. It happens almost every time is listen to music or watch a video on YouTube or Google.

I booted the phone in SafeMode, to see if there is an app that is causing this problem, but the sound distortion and the static sound is still there.

I even made a factory reset, but with no success.

Any idea for the fix?

I have the warranty, so I should send the phone to service or wait for a new update for the android?

Thx guys!

232 Replies
userRTV3PuYUIx
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

It's really a shame the problem has been reported for more than two months and Samsung completely ignores it !!!

0 Likes
user8c3tYEGTC4
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

So is this Hardware defect, software glitch or a combo of both?

Because I'm leaning towards a software glitch 

0 Likes
echo26
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

fyi, the new software update still not fix the problem

0 Likes
user8BZ1TclDWs
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@user8c3tYEGTC4 wrote:

So is this Hardware defect, software glitch or a combo of both?

Because I'm leaning towards a software glitch 

It is most definatly a software glitch.

I returned my first A8 in store with this sound skip problem and got a new A8 that still has the same problem

0 Likes
usergNzCw26ykg
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have discovered besides the hiccup I have a "clop" type sound. I tell you: I was surfing and I had the vibrating sound, I was in the library and when I was passing over a facebook video in automatic reproduction the "clop" sounded and the speaker was activated for a few seconds. Testing the same happens in instagram, twitter and now when I send a message in whastapp (my phone is in vibrating or silent mode) bring the cell phone to your ear and try if they have the same problem. I hope samsung solve this soon, my A8 is great but that defect really hurts everything.

0 Likes
userRTV3PuYUIx
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have the exact same problem, and I also found that if the battery is at 60% the problem does not exist, when the battery is at 90% then the audio is interrupted for a second. I hope you're right and that samsung proves with a fix

0 Likes
Bencanon
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

The problem appears to be related to volume level more than the batery charge. Hiccups happen when the volume is low or very low (either on the loudspeaker or bluetooth media).

AFAIK Samsung hasnt acknowledged the problem so there's no fix on the way.

0 Likes
user8c3tYEGTC4
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Try clearing apps off second home screen and deleting it. Worked perfectly afterwards

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@user8c3tYEGTC4 wrote:

Try clearing apps off second home screen and deleting it. Worked perfectly afterwards

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. Try charge it fully and while your phone is charging, play some notification sounds (Rise, Beep, etc.). If there's a cut, then the problem is still there.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices

For Samsung moderators and others, there's a Youtube video that describes this issue. Try listen to the sound through a headphone. According to the video (description), the user has exchanged the phone but the same issue still occurs on the different unit.

Note that while the uploader stated that the problem was gone after the charger is disconnected, the truth is there's still some cuts, albeit lessened, on the sounds.

Youtube link:

https://youtu.be/pKc665CvW_k

When the Samsung Galaxy A8 is charging, the speaker in low volume has micro cuts of half a second and sometimes a small noise. When disconnected from the cha...
0 Likes