Original topic:

Sound problem Samsung Galaxy A8 2018

(Topic created: 07-27-2018 03:39 PM)
Flavi Morosan
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello guys.

Recently, I bought a new Samsung Galaxy A8 2018, and since I updated the android, I have sound prolem, like static sound and distorted sound. It happens almost every time is listen to music or watch a video on YouTube or Google.

I booted the phone in SafeMode, to see if there is an app that is causing this problem, but the sound distortion and the static sound is still there.

I even made a factory reset, but with no success.

Any idea for the fix?

I have the warranty, so I should send the phone to service or wait for a new update for the android?

Thx guys!

232 Replies
user02B5RoPZxi
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm from israel, me and my wife having the same phone (a8), we updated to the latest version (1-Jul) and still having this voice problems in both phones.

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Please visit, www.samsung.com/visitcountry select your region and country for further assistance. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userrPxkwAKDt3
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I also bought it a day ago. It did not do it yesterday but it started this morning.

0 Likes
userGSpjQCqDkT
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Guys I think I have found something, this issue seems not to appear with the power saving mode on(max, not medium). Since we can use YouTube on this mode I think we have got a temporary solution. Tell me if it works for you. 

Btw, try this:

Play a video on YT, turn on max power saving mode. You should notice that sound is getting normal. This might be a proof of a software issue

0 Likes
userMzMs4pXTce
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi guys iam from Bulgaria and i have the same problem. So its international problem with A8 but Samsung dont do anything.

0 Likes
Marcel
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Sou do Brasil, comprei meu aparelho em junho e ele apresenta o mesmo problema no áudio. Exatamente como vcs estão descrevendo. Quando assisto a vídeos o som fica cortando como soluço. Mandei pra assistência, mas não resolveram:(

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for stopping by the US support page! We only support US models here, so to receive assistance with your device, please visit http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Makiem
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I bought the phone 2 days ago in Serbia (Europe). Having the same problem. I submitted the case with Samsung support,  I  think it's inexcusable for a phone like this to be crippled with a faulty update. 

BTW, it happens when it's on charger but also when the baterry level is high. I think it happens only when quieter sound is playing, like normal talking in youtube videos. I tried to play some louder music on YouTube, it didn't cut-off once, but I'll have to verify that.

0 Likes
userKPaCCkGuFB
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same here....sound stops for 3 seconds while charging....also there is some ticking sound....it only occures while charging

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userKPaCCkGuFB: Can I get the following information?

Model Number

Baseband Version

Carrier

0 Likes