Original topic:

Sound problem Samsung Galaxy A8 2018

(Topic created: 07-29-2018 01:29 AM)
Flavi Morosan
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello guys.

Recently, I bought a new Samsung Galaxy A8 2018, and since I updated the android, I have sound prolem, like static sound and distorted sound. It happens almost every time is listen to music or watch a video on YouTube or Google.

I booted the phone in SafeMode, to see if there is an app that is causing this problem, but the sound distortion and the static sound is still there.

I even made a factory reset, but with no success.

Any idea for the fix?

I have the warranty, so I should send the phone to service or wait for a new update for the android?

Thx guys!

232 Replies
usergNzCw26ykg
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

SM-A530F, buy in Colombia.

0 Likes
Bencanon
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Model Number: SMA530W

Purchased in Canada

0 Likes
userrPxkwAKDt3
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

SM-A530F

Bought in Croatia

0 Likes
userrPxkwAKDt3
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Is anyone currently on the Oreo update. If there is someone has the problem been fixed or at least slightly reduced?

0 Likes
Makiem
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I read that oreo is coming in october. Can anyone check my theory about the type of sound being involved (I have cut-offs in media like podcasts or other videos with silent parts between videos, but if there is continuos background sound without silent parts, like most of the songs, there are no cut-offs)?

0 Likes
userrPxkwAKDt3
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have cut offs pretty much always. Typing,watching videos,listening to music,getting notifications etc.

0 Likes
userrPxkwAKDt3
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

And BTW @Makiem i think they mean that every A8 device should get Oreo UNTIL October. I am thinking that because some countries have already got it. Here in Croatia we have 3 Telephone carriers(VIP,Bonbon,T-Com). VIP has started rolling out the update on the 24 of July but i am not on VIP.

0 Likes
Makiem
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Ah, you're right. I'm on MTS here in Serbia, so I don't know when they are gonna roll out Oreo.
I have read several articles regarding this issue, so I guess it's pretty common. Is there anyone who had updated the phone without the problem ( I guess if there are, they are not reading this thread, but who knows 😁)?
0 Likes
userrPxkwAKDt3
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I was actually watching some videos on YouTube about Oreo on the A8 and some guy in the comments said that he got the update and I asked him if the speaker problem is still there and he  told me that it has been resolved.

I would post a screenshot here but i don't know if i can. I just really hope that it is fixed because i bought the phone like 4 days ago and it is an amazing phone without the problem.

0 Likes
user02ZVP1sTl3
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Try turning off DATA and see if there is a change. This may relate to the marginal signal coverage and data connecting/reconnecting.
0 Likes