Original topic:

Sound problem Samsung Galaxy A8 2018

(Topic created: 08-23-2018 10:54 AM)
Flavi Morosan
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello guys.

Recently, I bought a new Samsung Galaxy A8 2018, and since I updated the android, I have sound prolem, like static sound and distorted sound. It happens almost every time is listen to music or watch a video on YouTube or Google.

I booted the phone in SafeMode, to see if there is an app that is causing this problem, but the sound distortion and the static sound is still there.

I even made a factory reset, but with no success.

Any idea for the fix?

I have the warranty, so I should send the phone to service or wait for a new update for the android?

Thx guys!

232 Replies
Makiem
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userKPaCCkGuFB

If you expect to get help from Samsung, don't hold your breath. Unless if you by some miracle bought it in the US, than maybe the rest of us non-US peasants could get some answers.

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey guys, I apologize for the confusion and any inconveniences. However, we do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, in which we do not have access to. If you purchased your device outside of the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. 

http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

0 Likes
Makiem
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@SamsungMichelle

We understand, but locally we can't get enough of us to raise awareness of the problem, owners of this specific phone are scattered. Do you by any chance at least have an advice, is it possible to rollback older firmware on this phone (I assume it is same/similar procedure for all Galaxy phones)?

That would be at least some kind of a solution.

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Unfortunately, updates cannot be rolled back.

0 Likes
userFromTN
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey,

The only solution is to change the Fast Charger by a normal charger or another Fast Charger which is adaptable, because the original charger is not adaptable.

Hope my solution gives help.

Sincerely.

0 Likes
Makiem
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

It doesn't work. Already tried with normal Samsung 2A charger from Galaxy Tab. Same sound crackle/cutout. It looks like replacing the phone with a new one and blocking the OTA Update is the only "solution".

0 Likes
Makiem
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

OREO UPDATE DOES NOT FIX PROBLEM!!!

OK, people, here's an update! I've been busy for the last few days, so I couldn't try anything new. In meantime, Oreo update became live in my region. I updated the phone, the problem remained. Just to be sure, I did factory reset and wipe cache partition, of course it didn't help.

As I promised, here is the video of the problem
PLEASE TURN ON CAPTIONS, THERE ARE SOME OF MY OBSERVATIONS REGARDING THE PROBLEM (the video is around 4.5 minutes long).

I only used Samsung stock sounds to demonstrate the issue, so weak signal, bad sound track/video and other nonsense are inapplicable. You could tell me if you can replicate the problem in a similar fashion as I.

p.s.
Contacted Samsung Tech Support, guess what is their answer? You're correct: do the factory reset, if it doesn't work, take it to the service center ( I'll rather go to my place of purchase and replace the phone, as soon as I have the time).

Link to the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC5joUgN5qE

TURN ON ENGLISH CAPTIONS FOR DETAILS !!!Hey guys!If you are watching this video, then you've probably heard of the sound issue or you are experiencing the pr...
0 Likes
user8gdKfXYLhi
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Does the problem occur only when the device is charging?

If yes, this is a

common problem with the a8. Just use the loud speaker when it is charged.

If no, try putting your ringtone on vibrate and restart the device. If the problem still occurs, send it to the

manufacturer for warranty.

0 Likes
userpmP7gr7h3q
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi everyone,

I think that the problem has been solved for me (for the moment). I took my phone to the Samsung repair shop here in Paris France (Champs Elysées). First they replaced the speaker but the problem persisted, so they changed the motherboard, and so far no problem. I am now testing the phone, both charging it and unplugged, I have heard one or two hiccups over a very long period of time, but are really not annoying like before.

I'll keep you posted if the situation changes.

Cheers,

0 Likes
Makiem
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yeah, changing speaker wouldn't work because it's not the problem (check the video, it always stutters at the same "place" in a tone). As for chanving the motherboard, I don't see how that could help either, since literally I haven't  seen A8 without this problem, unless they found out manufacturing fault and now they have different mb, in which case they should issue a statement and replace the faulty phones. 

0 Likes