cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userPJgr3IipLU
Constellation

Re: Sound problem Samsung Galaxy A8 2018

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had this phone for about a week now and just had this problem for the first time. My software is completely up to date, so this thread's most recent post saying it's a returning problem  isn't the kind of thing I wanted to find looking into the issue. Also tried the disabling auto audio to USB routing already but that doesn't solve it.

userLX8IcYC8J5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I'm also having this problem as well so I wanted to add to this post.
I got my phone, had the problem, updated to the latest version, had the problem, and then I swapped out my A8 with another A8 from the place I got it from.
Still had the problem.
Then I went to a Samsung store and got my phone reflashed and still had the problem, then I sent it in which got repair code 73 [REPLACED MINOR COMPONENT PARTS], got it back, and I still have the problem.

As a sidenote, I'm Canadian and got the two A8 devices from a T-Mobile store.

userembWVnFjmw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In canada the December 01 2018 patch will fix the sound issue.

userv5h7itu8DP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Applied most recent update released on January 21st, 2019 (A530wvls3bsa1).  Problem still persists through upgrade.  Phone is one month old.  Problem is most noticeable on low volume. Audio will clip, skip, mute every few seconds.  It will occur during notifications, through phone calls, YouTube, etc.  Essentially makes the phone useless as a conversation will drop speech repeatedly on my end and can't understand the other person. I am a Canadian user and most recent Security patch is Jan 2019. 

Attempted cache wipe, no change.

Attempted factory reset, no change.

Attempted audio reroute, no change.

Occurs when battery is full or near empty.

Occurs on WiFi and LTE.

userembWVnFjmw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes from Canada also, the Jan update did nothing to fix sound issue.   Never recieved a Dec update, in which people claimed fixed their issue.  I was hopeful that I would recieve a Dec update that would fix issue, installed Jan update with no fix...extremely frustrated now.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there @userv5h7itu8DP, if none of those steps have helped I would recommend sending the phone in for service. If you would send us a private message with your full model code and IMEI number we can look into what options you have. @userembWVnFjmw, since you have a Canada model device you'll need to reach out to the support team in your country. You can find them by visiting this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userPeIcVdn0sC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When will this be available for the A530W? (Canadian varient)

I am up to the October update with the skipping persisting.. but nowhere am I able to find the November update as it says I'm up to date..  I had my phone rooted so I unrooted it and reinstalled the stock rom. 

When I try to use samsung secret internet mode it still says my phone is rooted so I cannot use this mode however I have verified root is not on here... so is samsung aware my phone has been rooted before and won't allow me to use their service as all as update to the most important update available for these bricks?

CristianCezar
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's fixed on phone's speaker and it was ok even before with speakers connected to jack port but it is still not working on bluetooth sound devices

CristianCezar
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Back again. Just found the solution to bluetooh sound cuts. Enabled developer options and went to bluetooth audio codec. Changed it from AAC to SBC and it works great. 

userwWLtsm1BcQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the phone for 2 days now and it has been happening constantly