Original topic:

Sound problem Samsung Galaxy A8 2018

(Topic created: 03-20-2018 03:18 AM)
Flavi Morosan
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello guys.

Recently, I bought a new Samsung Galaxy A8 2018, and since I updated the android, I have sound prolem, like static sound and distorted sound. It happens almost every time is listen to music or watch a video on YouTube or Google.

I booted the phone in SafeMode, to see if there is an app that is causing this problem, but the sound distortion and the static sound is still there.

I even made a factory reset, but with no success.

Any idea for the fix?

I have the warranty, so I should send the phone to service or wait for a new update for the android?

Thx guys!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
232 Replies
userK5lvgqJU6D
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same problem after oreo update. Nothing resolved at all.

0 Likes
Bencanon
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Of course it's not solved with the Oreo update, Samsung has never acknowledged that there's a sound problem with the A8 2018. For all we know they are not aware of it and they aren't working on any fix.

Since it doesn't seem to affect US models, mods here don't do anything other than telling us to go tell our local dealers, which, of course, aren't aware of the situation either and won't recognize it as a major global issue like it should be.

I'm pretty sure we are out of luck with our phones at this point, they'll never get fixed.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@Bencanon wrote:

Of course it's not solved with the Oreo update, Samsung has never acknowledged that there's a sound problem with the A8 2018. For all we know they are not aware of it and they aren't working on any fix.

Since it doesn't seem to affect US models, mods here don't do anything other than telling us to go tell our local dealers, which, of course, aren't aware of the situation either and won't recognize it as a major global issue like it should be.

I'm pretty sure we are out of luck with our phones at this point, they'll never get fixed.

I agree. Funnily enough, I have already gotten used with the sound issue (cutting sound, etc.). But that doesn't change the fact that I am disappointed with Samsung for not solving this issue. The mods here are doing their job, that, I understand. However, considering that it already appears on mobile news (GSMArena), Samsung should have taken notice and not rule out the possibility that this is a widespread issue.

I am satisfied with my Galaxy A8 2018, but this problem makes me considering on upgrading much earlier. I can get used with the cutting sound, but I still need to understand my callers conversations. Also, podcasts.

I also confirm that the Oreo update DOES NOT solve this issue. Honestly at this point,  I don't know if it's a hardware or a software issue. Pretty sure it's software, as the issue appears after February patch update. But Samsung could have solve this issue if it's indeed a software issue.

Am I disappointed? Yes. Am I happy with my phone though? Yes, but this is undeniably a disappointment from Samsung for not solving the problem after ~5 months.

0 Likes
userrPxkwAKDt3
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

There probably is no fix for this until Samsung ackgnowlages it. We are just gonna have to let it go and get used to it. I guess Samsung just doesn't care about anything except their Flagship lineup.

0 Likes
Makiem
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I don't think this should be accepted and we should not be forced to get used to something like this. In my country, doctor's salary is about 600-700 EUR, and this phone costs more than half of that. And to not be able to understand someone through loudspeaker (function that's been standard for pretty much last 15 years in cell phones) is inexcusable IMHO.

If this is not resolved within the next month or two, I'm claiming my warranty and replacing the phone.

I will make a video of the problem in the next day or two, since there is only one video mentioned in the articles. I will demonstrate that the problem occurs even if the phone is discharging on high battery levels, since in the aformentioned video it is stated that the problem occurs only during the charging.

0 Likes
userrPxkwAKDt3
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@Makiem wrote:

I don't think this should be accepted and we should not be forced to get used to something like this. In my country, doctor's salary is about 600-700 EUR, and this phone costs more than half of that. And to not be able to understand someone through loudspeaker (function that's been standard for pretty much last 15 years in cell phones) is inexcusable IMHO.

If this is not resolved within the next month or two, I'm claiming my warranty and replacing the phone.

I will make a video of the problem in the next day or two, since there is only one video mentioned in the articles. I will demonstrate that the problem occurs even if the phone is discharging on high battery levels, since in the aformentioned video it is stated that the problem occurs only during the charging.

I am replacing my phone. I will get the Galaxy A6+

0 Likes
Makiem
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I will give them the benefit of a doubt, since the phone obviously did fine before OTA update. The only thing I would accept as a "repair" is roll back system to not-broken version.

And the funiest thing, my fathers galaxy j3 2016 works without a hitch.

0 Likes
Makiem
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userrPxkwAKDt3

Are you going through your place of purchase or Samsung warranty? Can you inform us if you get some information on the problem, or are they aware of the issue at all (since we are pretty much in the same region)? 

BTW, here is one more thread by me about the issue (Samsung Tech Support guy advised me to open it) and the result of it. By the looks of it, we won't find any answer here, since we are not US customers, and the rest of the local support are blissfully ignorant of the issue.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Mobile-Devices/Sound-Issue-on-Galaxy-A8-2018-sm-a530F/m-p/...

0 Likes
userrPxkwAKDt3
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@Makiem wrote:

@userrPxkwAKDt3

Are you going through your place of purchase or Samsung warranty? Can you inform us if you get some information on the problem, or are they aware of the issue at all (since we are pretty much in the same region)? 

BTW, here is one more thread by me about the issue (Samsung Tech Support guy advised me to open it) and the result of it. By the looks of it, we won't find any answer here, since we are not US customers, and the rest of the local support are blissfully ignorant of the issue.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Mobile-Devices/Sound-Issue-on-Galaxy-A8-2018-sm-a530F/m-p/...

@Makiem Im going to my place of purchase. I don't want to deal with Samsung.

0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices

At this point, I am going to recommend contacting your regional support. You can use this link to find the contact information for your region.  

0 Likes