Original topic:

Sound problem Samsung Galaxy A8 2018

(Topic created: 03-20-2018 03:18 AM)
Flavi Morosan
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello guys.

Recently, I bought a new Samsung Galaxy A8 2018, and since I updated the android, I have sound prolem, like static sound and distorted sound. It happens almost every time is listen to music or watch a video on YouTube or Google.

I booted the phone in SafeMode, to see if there is an app that is causing this problem, but the sound distortion and the static sound is still there.

I even made a factory reset, but with no success.

Any idea for the fix?

I have the warranty, so I should send the phone to service or wait for a new update for the android?

Thx guys!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
232 Replies
userOhN2p3IEpk
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I do not understand, how do I do

0 Likes
userrPxkwAKDt3
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

How to stop Adapt Sounds in the Apps tab. Can i enable that in the settings or what?

0 Likes
userymtTCtShnL
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same problem here! I reset my phone and it's the same. And I think it's getting worse. It's intermittent. And I'll bring my phone to Samsung. But I don't know how to prove them the problem. But I'll try. I'm from Brazil, and the same problem that's everyone say here. 

0 Likes
useraYY5MPsX97
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same problem here... I'm from Italy... pls relase a fix update as soon as possible. Displeased 😞 .

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices

This is getting ridiculous, to be very honest, which is unfortunate. Almost three months since the first post about the issue and there are NO solutions or fixes. 

I went to the Singapore's Samsung Experience Store and tested the Galaxy A8 2018 demo (December 2017 security patch) and there is absolutely no hiccup/cut sounds whatsoever! It's even on 100%, still charged. 

The different unit has the April security patch, and there is the cut sound issue on that very unit. 

To Samsung moderators (@SamsungLou@ & @SamsungArthur), yes, the device is not sold in USA. Yes, we can contact our regional support (even to no avail). But please, understand, that we have already tried that and that's the very reason why we decided to post our issue here! Samsung members doesn't help, they basically told us to bring our phone to Samsung service center. Couple of users have "repaired" their phone but the issue persists. I can wait for an update, but with no certainty and confirmation from Samsung, I will never know if this phone will have its issue fixed or not. We just hope that you, Samsung moderators, to help escalate the issue (7 pages of different users complaining isn't an issue already?) and tell the developers from Samsung that there's an issue on this particular devices. Please, do help us, I believe that you can help us at least to forward the issue to Samsung.

The reason why we posted here (An US Samsung community forum) is because it's the only Samsung forum we could find. To Samsung Moderators, your help will be very appreciated. 

My model is an Indonesian unit SM-A530F. Tested on two different SM-A530F units, and both have the exact same issue.

Thank you.

0 Likes
userxEf02DbO3p
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hello everyone!

I have two SM-A530F bought in my very expensive Switzerland. One works fine and the other presents the exact same issue as widely described here.

Please note that the problem concern every app dealing with sounds, including those which record calls or memos, so that I have plenty of "recorded proofs" on my phone to convince anyone. I can also prove it live just playing any YouTube video, whose sound cuts something like 20 times per minute!

I already had several Samsungs (S2, S5, S7, 2x Young, 2x J1, J3, A5, 2x A8, Tab 2 and 3 or 4 tablets), but this A8 is the only one that's not working properly. And as someone was writing, this begins to be ridiculous from Samsung. I mean, ignoring all those complaints isn't really professional.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userxEf02DbO3p wrote:
I have two SM-A530F bought in my very expensive Switzerland. One works fine and the other presents the exact same issue as widely described here.
...And as someone was writing, this begins to be ridiculous from Samsung. I mean, ignoring all those complaints isn't really professional.

Thanks a lot for posting here. Just wondering, are two of your SM-A530F units in the same security patch/update? Your answer will be very helpful for us to determine whether this is a software or hardware issue. 

I agree. The hiccup/cut sound actually disrupt my calls. I often use speakerphone to call every morning while driving (100% battery level) and this issue made me seem unprofessional to my callers because I couldn't hear my callers' speech clearly. In other words, this phone is reducing my productivity, especially for calling/listening voice memos or podcasts.

Once again, thanks for your help @userxEf02DbO3p.

0 Likes
userxEf02DbO3p
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks a lot for posting here. Just wondering, are two of your SM-A530F units in the same security patch/update? Your answer will be very helpful for us to determine whether this is a software or hardware issue. 

Once again, thanks for your help @userxEf02DbO3p.

Hello userXY2HAjgeH3

I have checked every parameters on both devices, and the only tiny difference I have spotted is on the second line under “Operator software version”.

On the phone that works properly, I can read:

52001e71fa93c4c1

The one that presents the issue, I can read:

52001cff5bfb155d

Does that help?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userxEf02DbO3p wrote: 

Hello userXY2HAjgeH3

I have checked every parameters on both devices, and the only tiny difference I have spotted is on the second line under “Operator software version”.

On the phone that works properly, I can read:

52001e71fa93c4c1

The one that presents the issue, I can read:

52001cff5bfb155d

Does that help?

Hi @userxEf02DbO3p.

Sorry, I meant the Android security patch level. You can access it through Settings -> About Phone/About Device -> Software Information -> (Scroll down) Android security patch level.

Thanks a lot for your help!

0 Likes
userxEf02DbO3p
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi @userxEf02DbO3p.

Sorry, I meant the Android security patch level. You can access it through Settings -> About Phone/About Device -> Software Information -> (Scroll down) Android security patch level.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hello again!

Story for the confusion... I use to speak French.

In "Settings -> About Phone -> Software Information", the only difference between the two devices is the one I posted before. 

Under "Security software version", I have this on both phones:

ASKS v1.4 Release 180123

SMR May-2018 Release 1

Under "Niveau correctif sécu. Android" which should sounds like "Android security patch level", I also have the same on both phones:

May the 1st 2018

Is it what you needed?

Best regards!

0 Likes