Original topic:

Sound problem Samsung Galaxy A8 2018

(Topic created: 03-20-2018 03:18 AM)
Flavi Morosan
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello guys.

Recently, I bought a new Samsung Galaxy A8 2018, and since I updated the android, I have sound prolem, like static sound and distorted sound. It happens almost every time is listen to music or watch a video on YouTube or Google.

I booted the phone in SafeMode, to see if there is an app that is causing this problem, but the sound distortion and the static sound is still there.

I even made a factory reset, but with no success.

Any idea for the fix?

I have the warranty, so I should send the phone to service or wait for a new update for the android?

Thx guys!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
232 Replies
Makiem
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

That's not really a solution, is it? There are plenty of low volume sounds in videos, music etc that are recorded that way and you can't easily turn the volume up (unless you edit the source material).

BTW,  August the 1st security update doesn't solve the issue, either.

0 Likes
user0TEqPLRf1Q
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Can emergency recovery with smart switch maybe fix the problem ? Does anyone know ? Or is the new update coming soon ?

0 Likes
Bencanon
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Even if there's a new update coming soon, if they aren't working on it it's not going to get fixed in any update. It's been literally 6 months and they have not even acknowledged that there's a problem, there's no reason to believe at this point that they will fix it one day.

0 Likes
user0TEqPLRf1Q
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

So is there anything we can do so they acknowledge the problem and fix it or they literally don't care about A8 because there is already s9, s9+, note9...

0 Likes
Makiem
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I contacted several of the Samsung support accounts on twitter, hopefully  they reply on one of them.

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Can I get your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information?

0 Likes
userlt977QX8YY
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Here's all 3:

Model number: R58K52V6ZFF
Baseband Version:A530FXXU3BRG1
Carrier Infomation: Telechoice Australia

The amount of times I've been asked this question and the underlying problem not being addressed is making me frustrated. Instead of asking details about specific phones how about fixing or at least addressing the issue that many users of this phone are facing? And after reading the countless attempts to send it in to get fixed failing, I just want to know whats wrong with my new phone.

Thankyou

0 Likes
useryojGxVi64y
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey @SamsungLarryK

I see you didn't receive many replies with the information you asked. I'm suffering from audio hiss, too. Here is the info:

Model code: SM-A530F

Baseband version: A530FXXU3BRJ2

Carrier: hollandsnieuwe (LTE, The Netherlands)

0 Likes
user8HGnjF7zxE
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi all,

i found some audio files with speech (audio books) where cuts occurs at same place (while charging and while discharging too). But i found that if i volume up to more than approx. 70% cuts not occurs.

Can somebody confirm my finding?

0 Likes
usereYzZW9QJqA
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

SAME PROBLEM, 

CLASS ACTION! 😡

0 Likes