Original topic:

Sound problem Samsung Galaxy A8 2018

(Topic created: 03-20-2018 03:18 AM)
Flavi Morosan
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello guys.

Recently, I bought a new Samsung Galaxy A8 2018, and since I updated the android, I have sound prolem, like static sound and distorted sound. It happens almost every time is listen to music or watch a video on YouTube or Google.

I booted the phone in SafeMode, to see if there is an app that is causing this problem, but the sound distortion and the static sound is still there.

I even made a factory reset, but with no success.

Any idea for the fix?

I have the warranty, so I should send the phone to service or wait for a new update for the android?

Thx guys!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
232 Replies
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@useryojGxVi64y

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks! 

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I do apologize for the confusion and any inconveniences. However, we do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, in which we do not have access to. If you purchased your device outside of the US, please visit the link below for support in your area.

http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  

0 Likes
userSe3DOn3pqC
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have the same problem with my samsung 😕

0 Likes
Bencanon
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi @SamsungLarryK,

While I understand that you guys only deal with US issues, it would be really nice and appreciated if you (or someone else at Samsung US) could just make sure that they (Samsung) are aware that there's a speaker problem with the international release of the A8 2018. We aren't talking about a handful of people here, we're talking about probably thousands of people from Brazil to Canada who bought that phone and are left with a product that doesn't work as intended and we have no clue when - or if - it will get fixed.

Redirecting people to their country isn't a real solution and it isn't working. We need someone to be our voice and to tell Samsung.

0 Likes
TheDaniel
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Fun fact: SamsungBrazil is just as much Samsung as SamsungUS is.

But if you want to go over our heads, you can tell the forums on SamsungKorea.

---My Signature---
If you're anticipating a follow up to one of my posts, please like my post or tag me. I don't generally go back to posts I have replied to unless I get pointed there.
0 Likes
user0TEqPLRf1Q
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Is this problem on all a8 2018 or only on some models? Why are they doing nothing about this ? They can just do one simple update and fix this issue or give everyone money back.

0 Likes
userdstMEjJhuc
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have the same problem bought the phone today...

0 Likes
userl6b5n75l0m
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Any fix for this issue guys?

0 Likes
Sombra Gigante
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same problem with me here in Brazil. I have already sent a message through the application for Samsung and they ask to do the hardware test. But by the test (*#0*#) the problem does not happen. So they say they have no problem because of this test.

But the problem exists, it's real and Samsung has to take action. I noticed that this is related to the battery charge. For in the house of 90% or more the sound is giving these delays and pikes. It seems to be a software problem. Updating to Android 8 does not solve the problem. Even with the October update does not resolve either.

Let's wait for the goodwill of the company in solving the problem for its customer worldwide...

0 Likes
userp3OAtoZKEx
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Folks, this is most likely a hardware problem that affects a large number of the A8 devices. Samsung is well aware of the issue, but for whatever reason they don't want to acknowledge it. Below is my conversation with a presumably Canadian agent. 

Info at 9:51, Nov 6:
You are now chatting with Florence.
Florence at 9:51, Nov 6:
Thank you for contacting Samsung Canada support. How may I assist you today?
AK at 9:52, Nov 6:
Hello I was chatting with your colleague John and I got disconnected because he asked me to reset settings and the phone was restarted
Florence at 9:53, Nov 6:
AK, may I know what exactly happened to your phone?
AK at 9:54, Nov 6:
I have the cracking sound problem with my A8 as many other people have it too
AK at 9:54, Nov 6:
Do you know about this issue?
Florence at 9:55, Nov 6:
There are no reported issues regarding cracking sound.
Florence at 9:56, Nov 6:
However, may I know since when are you facing this issue?
AK at 9:56, Nov 6:
Well if you do a little online search you'll find a lot of people talking about it and some of them have already talked to customer service about it.
AK at 9:57, Nov 6:
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/GalaxyS/thread-id/50899/page...Florence at 9:58, Nov 6:
I see.
AK at 9:58, Nov 6:
I noticed it in the very first few days. Now I have it for about two months and it's very annoying.
AK at 9:58, Nov 6:
Some other people have said they have the issue since day 1
Florence at 10:00, Nov 6:
It seems that there is a hardware issue, at this point of time the phone needs to be physically examined by the repair technician.

Before taking the device to the service center I recommend you to backup the data to Pc and then reset your phone to factory defaults.
AK at 10:01, Nov 6:
And where's the service center?
Florence at 10:02, Nov 6:
Help me with the postal code of your location so that I can check for the walk in centers at your location.
AK at 10:02, Nov 6:

Florence at 10:07, Nov 6:
I have checked with my resources and see that there are no service centers available at your location.

You can also visit Samsung experience stores
Samsung experience stores are available at CF Richmond Center, CF Sherway Gardens, CF Toronto Eaton center, Metropolis at metrotown, West Edmonton mall, Yorkdale Shopping center.

AK at 10:10, Nov 6:
Isn't it time for Samsung to acknowledge this issue since it is a problem that a lot of people have over several months? What are they doing about it? Can you escalate this yourself?

Florence at 10:11, Nov 6:
AK, I will take this as a valuable feedback and report this to our higher authorities.
AK at 10:11, Nov 6:
Thank you

0 Likes