Constellation

Re: Sound problem Samsung Galaxy A8 2018

JUMP TO SOLUTION
did any one of you contacted samsung ? i have exactly the same issue
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I did contact Samsung on my region and all they told me is to bring it to the Service Center to get it checked.

They probably would tell me that it was a hardware issue and thus the speaker needs to be replaced. But considering how it occurred more after the February security patch update (at least for me), I'm not sure and I am not risking it. Having my brand new phone opened will not only compromise my water proofing (even if the service center assured me that they will restore it), but also increase the risk on allowing foreign dust on the camera lens. I am NOT going to risk that.

The Oreo update is on development. We'll see. I do hope the Oreo update will fix this issue.
userVmcn07IfqT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this problem too.I hope Oreo update will save us...

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

echo26
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i did contact samsung via live chat in samsung member. i asked about this issue and the cs told me that because the unstable phone signal 🤔

jamongroo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@echo26wrote:

i did contact samsung via live chat in samsung member. i asked about this issue and the cs told me that because the unstable phone signal 🤔

@echo26yep. unstable phone signal is also one of the problem they said. Like are you serious? I tried to listening music through SamsungMusic apps, and listening it from my memory card, which is offline by the way.

The end of their suggestion is put my device on their service center. And I still don't know if that would be getting the phone back normal.

Anyone here tried put the device on service center? Is it working?

Bencanon
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. Got the A8 2018  phone last week, sound constantly cuts out for like half a second when listening pretty much anything audio. Hiccups style. We need a solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@jamongroo You don't have to bring your phone to service center. Someone on this very post from page 1 did went to the service center and get their phone repaired, to no avail. Getting your phone disassembled only for nothing is a waste of time and your energy.

This is probably software issue, but software or hardware, an issue is still an issue. Having speaker to stutter/hiccup/cut every few seconds is not only annoying, but also dangerous, ESPECIALLY on phone calls. I have lost lots of small details on my phone calls (in speaker) and could almost not comprehend my caller's speech.
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@jamongroowrote:

@echo26wrote:

@echo26yep. unstable phone signal is also one of the problem they said. Like are you serious? I tried to listening music through SamsungMusic apps, and listening it from my memory card, which is offline by the way.

I have confirm that "unstable phone signal" is NOT the reason. I have tried play few notification sounds (Beep Once, Clue, Ding-Dong, and Rise) with NO sim card inside and wifi + bluetooth disabled. I can still replicate the issue, with notes:

• "Beep Once" does not resulted in a beep. A beep will play after the THIRD time but quickly get cut again.
  • "Clue" has 4 soft knocks (tock tock .... tock tock). Two first knocks does not play, but the last two knocks played normally. Occasionally, the second knocks play but the fourth or both third and fourth knocks get cut.
  • "Ding-Dong" doesn't play normally. Occasionally, only "Dong" sound play.
  • "Rise" gets cut early before playing normally for less than a second.

For some reasons, the test music from *#0*# plays perfectly fine with no hiccups or any stutter whatsoever.

Tested on both normal boot and Safe Mode.

auToeXeC_g33k
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright, so, I have the same issue, hiccups when using the loudspeaker. But, I realised something. For me what triggers the issue is not the fact that it's charging, it's that it is above a certain battery percentage. So for example right now I'm at 36% and charging. Played 3 tracks and tried all the built-in ring and notification tones, no issues. Moreover, I get hiccups when not on charger, but when that happens I'm always above a certain battery charge  level (haven't figured out the exact number yet, but something between 70 and 80 if im not mistaken). So to summerize:
Below 70-80, discharging: no hiccups

Below 70-80, charging: no hiccups
Above those, dischaging: hiccups
Above those, charging: hiccups.

I actually can't decide if its a hardware issue or not based on this, could be either one. My bet is that it's a kernel-level issue, which results in a hardware issue. Let me give you an example. So lets say the threshold is 80%. Let's say that at 80% the battery has a voltage of 4 volts. It could be that, when the battery has 4 volts, the kernel, which has control over power delivery, messes something up, and sends power spikes, either low spikes or high ones, which results in a short speaker malfunction. Of course this is just one possibility, and its probably not this simple, but this theory might give a general idea of what's going on. Think this through, and share your thoughts. Someone might figure this out.

Edit: currently at 66 and charging, got a messenger notification, first half second of the notif. sound was cut. The threshold might be lower than what i guessed, or i might just be completely wrong.