Original topic:

Spam text messages?

(Topic created: 06-07-2021 08:41 AM)
userhXRUoH9dVd
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Is anyone else all of a sudden getting spam text messages? Also getting spam email links to my sms

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TLMitchell
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Just went through that with Verizon tech support. I can't say for other carriers but to disable texts from email addresses you must access your Verizon account from a computer.

Go to Verizon.com and sign in

Select My Account
My Plan
Select Device
Select Blocks
Select Block Email
Check the boxes for Block Messages from Email
and Block Messages from The Web

You can test this by emailing yourphonenumber@vtext.com.

For other carriers I suggest contacting tech support specifically, Customer Service drones rarely know anything more than is on their terminal screen. Your mileage may vary...

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Replies
seppl
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yes, I get them often and when I block and delete it, it comes back under a different number.
Solution
TLMitchell
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Just went through that with Verizon tech support. I can't say for other carriers but to disable texts from email addresses you must access your Verizon account from a computer.

Go to Verizon.com and sign in

Select My Account
My Plan
Select Device
Select Blocks
Select Block Email
Check the boxes for Block Messages from Email
and Block Messages from The Web

You can test this by emailing yourphonenumber@vtext.com.

For other carriers I suggest contacting tech support specifically, Customer Service drones rarely know anything more than is on their terminal screen. Your mileage may vary...

View solution in context

0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Mitchell, I tried something similar with Sprint and it worked. No more Gmail text. There is but the options are to "s.p.a.m. and block it or ignore it. It doesn't come back
0 Likes
Tanya1107
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
All the time!!!
TLMitchell
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
With the Samsung messaging app there's no way to Block texts from a specific email address unless it's in your contacts. Scammers are spoofing email addresses with an ever changing combination of letters and numbers so you need to Block all texts from emails to rid yourself of the aggravation.
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
When my phone rings, I have to answer it so I can't ignore a ringing call. Could be my doctor, sister, mother, and spoofers. I block spoof calls but they just keep coming back with another one. They use my area code to make me think it's local. I can block it, but it's useless. They have millions of spoofing numbers. I can set my blocker to just answer numbers from my contacts list. Works good. But we're talking about blocking texts on your phone
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I would recommend reaching out to your carrier as text messaging is a carrier feature.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Sprint helped me out. go to messages where your text email goes and ( using Google text messages not Samsung's) right hand side menu has " s.p.a.m. block. Hit that and my Gmail text to phone text blocks.
0 Likes
TLMitchell
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Cool. I've never used Google text, nice feature. Will that block all email to text messages?
0 Likes