Original topic:

Static Noise in Galaxy A50 earphone and wired hadphones

(Topic created on: 1/9/21 6:23 AM)
userFToKEJJAa4
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I own an A 50. I suddenly have issues with my in-call speaker, and my wired headphone connectivity. The in-call speaker produces a very loud static whenever its in use, and my headphones do the same when trying to play music or trying to call someone. The static makes it seem like it is at maximum volume, but with heavy distortion. The headphones also make a very loud static sound when I touch the screen (sound is normal when no headphones are plugged in). I am not sure what is causing this issue as back then it was working perfectly. I have already used the samsung members app to try to diagnose the issue, and it comes up with the same results when doing the diagnostics tests. I have already tried booting it into safe mode to see if the issue persists, and it does. As far as I am aware, the phone did not get wet at any point in the past few days; I have tried to clean the speaker and the microphone to see if that would fix the issue, and it did not. My bluetooth works fine, and a pair of bluetooth headphones work perfectly. My media speaker works perfectly. I have looked everywhere online to try to see if there is something similar out there, and I have not found anything.

2 Replies
userNdsGNMo43X
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same happened with mine then the phone got bricked completely

0 Likes
userNwpuqOrZhz
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have also started to encounter the same issue. I forgot to charge my phone on Thursday night so Friday morning it was off completely. Plugged it in for charging at wall socket with Original Samsung Cable and Charger as I usually do- The charging icon appeared yet the 0-100% this is usually in the middle of the symbol did not appear, I also could not switch the phone on. After about an hour it started showing a % complete in the middle. once it was at 100% I unplugged and turned the phone on. The in a call speaker has HEAVY static, this transferrs to a headset once connected. The Speaker (Ringtone, music playing etc. ) sounds perfect. The only recent change to the phone is a software update that was installed somewhere in last week, I cannot remember the exact day (8 March - 11 March). Can samsung please assist ??? somehow this seems to be software related and not a physical hardware issue

0 Likes