JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Storage discrepency

(Topic created: 07-17-2021 03:11 PM)
userV64KIwa12z
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi, my phone is samsung A5 2017, android 8.0 .

Recently due to constant warnings of low space, finally decided to check whats taking so much of my phone's storage capacity. However, even accounting for the 4.6gb system, there are still roughly 11.5 gb of unaccounted for storage space. Verified with another storage scanner program. PC doesnt show anything inside folders, and actaully counts even less total data(probably hidden folders).

any suggestions? Already did cache wipe(screenshots post cache wipe) it freed less then a gigabyte.

edit: no SD card.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-17 at 20.04.45 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-07-17 at 20.04.45 (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-07-17 at 20.04.45.jpeg

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You could try CCleaner and see what it can find. I'd also get an SD card and move your music and whatever else you can onto that.
userV64KIwa12z
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

CCleaner managed to find about half giga worth of old stuff/junk, but not much else. even if i use SD cards(unlikely, i prefer to use phone internal storage for various reasons), the missing giga's will still be there.

0 Likes
userV64KIwa12z
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

actually upon examining ccleaner more thoroughly, it appears the missing GB were probably in the apps(and 1-2 in media) - ccleaner listed 14gb in apps, phone's own system only 7.7.

0 Likes