cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user9CU2PHYK4Y
Constellation

Storage issues on J2 Prime

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got a Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime and the internal storage sucks. I've installed a 32GB micro sdram card and formatted it but no matter what I do I am not getting the option to move my downloaded apps from the internal storage to my sd card. Please  help 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Storage issues on J2 Prime

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @user9CU2PHYK4Y

Some phone models don't have the ability to move apps onto the SD card. However, you can move things like pictures and videos over there without too much problems.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @user9CU2PHYK4Y

Some phone models don't have the ability to move apps onto the SD card. However, you can move things like pictures and videos over there without too much problems.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

userFJFS6MhAHI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why is that though? Doesn't Samsung know that after they installed Android 6.0 together with the auto updating of apps that there would be a need for more storage than what they provided? The things here is that its not even that muh of a problem. This affects the whole world and I could say this because I sell Samsung Phones. A lot of customers complain about this making a bad reputation for me. 

userb5p34IzBIu
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is very true. Samsung does not add memory or at least does not allow to remove some of the default apps which are not used or not interested. Its a thorough dissapointment to have a samsung.

userFJFS6MhAHI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
That is not a resolution to the problem
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know it can be frustrating, and I'm sorry about that. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback but nothing short of a complete change in how that device works, from people who actually write the phone's coding, can change the way this system works. Hopefully with your feedback passed along though, they will recognize the need to make these phones act in that way. 

userMKc3sp88TS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Even if the app is move to sd card.. it still occupy internal space..

Highlighted
userUjNSZUEXSF
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In my phone, the internal memory is 94% full. I use SD card to store all my photo and videos. I found that YouTube is using maximum memory of 12 GB of internal memory (though only 8 GB of internal memory capacity provided) and for downloaded video 8.55 GB (again agsinst 8 GB of internal memory provided). This even though I have set SD card to store downloaded video. Now no updates can be installed due to lack of memory. It appears that even though YouTube is using SD card to store downloaded video, the system is registering as if it is stored in the system/internal memory, thus creating a cofusion/conflict.

Please help

userUjNSZUEXSF
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userUjNSZUEXSF
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION