Original topic:

Swipe, Autocorrect, and Suggestions.

(Topic created: 09-12-2021 11:36 AM)
SKMM
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
So, I just updated my phone. When I went to use the "swipe" feature on my phone, it won't work. Especially when i'm laying down texting with one hand, it doesnt enter. It also doesn't auto correct or leave suggestions. Someone please help.

BTW: i have a Galaxy A02s.
8 Replies
havoc2821
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
that happened my phone too and i also have a galaxy A02s if you find a way to fix it please tell me
0 Likes
SKMM
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Will do!
havoc2821
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
thank you
0 Likes
SKMM
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Sure 😁
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I can understand how frustrating this issue can be. Does this issue still persist when your phone is in safe mode? Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? Here are the steps to clear the cache partition on your phone. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release the keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
ChanelKristen
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
im having the same problem, still, with my a02s.. i've tried safemode (doesn't work in safe mode, either), clearing the data in the app settings, clearing the cache partition, and a factory reset. nothing's worked to far. it literally started as soon as the update finished. the same thing happened with the july update of the a11 ( https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Mobile-Devices/Autocorrect-and-predictive-text-not-working... ) and a fix was issued for it. there's a thread on AT&T with more people complaing about the same issue with a02s after the update ( https://forums.att.com/conversations/android/swipe-to-text/613ec1b5888f1a423d20c542?commentId=613fa8... )..

and if anyone's figured out any way to fix this, it'd be super awesome if you could let me kno (:
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi, I am sorry you are still experiencing this swipe function problem. There is another step you can try in addition to Safe Mode:

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Please let me know if this helps.

0 Likes
ChanelKristen
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
i already said i did that, in my first reply. it didnt help.
0 Likes