JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Switched from S5 edge Android 6 to A11 Android 11, having difficulties with settings/ features

(Topic created: 08-02-2021 04:32 PM)
NKM01
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello all, well recently i was gifted a Samsung Galaxy A11 to replace my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active. Lets just say the process of learning this new phone is difficult. With that said, I can't  seem to find some functions i would normally find on other phones. For instance,  for a long while i couldnt figure out how you would share with bluetooth. Wasnt the same way for a long while, then i have this nice little stand off with the finger print sensor as well. (And I'll have to learn about how it works so i can figure out why it wont detect my finger 90% of the time) i guess i am asking for tips for how to use this phone without seeming to argue with it everyday? Idk. Personally i would've stuck with my s5, but even that is showing its age these days.

17 Replies
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I took some screen shots of some features that are on a11Screenshot_20210731-181953_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20210731-182041_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210731-182210_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20210731-182113_Wallpapers.jpg
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Fonts,text message backgrounds,wallpapers pre installed edgelighting + colors n effects and closing out apps that your not using helps it will lag or be slow if too many apps are open device maintenence is helpful i use it.Hope these help you,a11 has a big screen n bigger battery than my s9+does 😃
NKM01
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Well thanks for some of what you listed. I know it isnt the best phone, but then again neither was the s5 active. I honestly dont look for much when it comes to a phone, as I am more into safety and security then hardware and performance
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Took me a bit too get use to using a11,i watched youtube reviews and its not so bad i kinda like it volume could be louder,But it was on sale walmart I bought a case from walmart online and im liking it even more,once i got to using it its ok☺
NKM01
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yeah. I agree. It takes a goid while getting use to, I never did get use to it while it was still on android 10, since it updated to android 11, and of course, my s5 is running android 6 so yeah. But for me the phone meets my minimum being able to have the future "send help messages" which I also had set up on my s5. I would've liked a notification light, but that future would be looking for a certain hay straw in a hay stack these days on new phones. So yeah.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello @NKM01, I know how frustrating it is trying to adjust to a new phone. Here is a link to a simulator for the A11. It may help you to become more familiar with the settings on the phone. http://publish.samsungsimulator.com/simulator/bca96d4c-6dc1-47a5-bbc5-7780de7b1db6/

This article may help with the fingerprint issue you are experiencing. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01200322 Sometimes it helps to register the same fingerprint more than once. 

Please let me know if this helps or if you have any additional questions.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

NKM01
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks
0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Not for sure this came upScreenshot_20210802-183111_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes