JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

System is taking up 51 gigs of storage

(Topic created: 01-17-2023 02:30 PM)
knotter
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have a very serious issue that is very concerning, I don't know why, but system is taking up 51 gigabytes of storage, and I am PRETTY SURE it isn't suppose to take up that much space, I really don't know y this happend and I need help. I have a galaxy a13 5g if that helps.

9 Replies
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices
When you look in device care, do any of the categories have an "I" with a circle around it? If so, click on the circled "I" and it should reset the numbers.
knotter
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It only appears next to apps and it's still says 51 gigs next to system
0 Likes
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Didn't it move some data into the apps category after you tapped on the circled "I"?
0 Likes
knotter
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Not from what I can tell
My main focus is making the 51 gigs of system go back to 7 gigs
0 Likes
knotter
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Nevermind turns out I have room temperure iq and didn't allow files the permissions to do its things
0 Likes
alex_fullinator
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
What do you mean? I don't understand what you mean by "I have room temperure iq and didn't allow files the permissions to do its things"? It would be helpful since I have the same problem.
0 Likes
Solution
knotter
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

It asks me to allow files to do a thing it doesn't have permissions to since this is a new phone. I tapped the i button, press the "let files do this" thing, it took me to a different app where I toggles the permissions for files on, and then it turned out I had 30 gigs of apps

JCS81
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
That is app data i think. If you have a lot of apps, you might want to delete some or clear app data on some but that will delete everything on the app i think (useful on some apps).
Netflix has a lot of app data if you download a lot of movies.
Game apps with HD graphics also have high app data.
You can check which app has the most app data by looking at app info page for each.
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
To get to the second step , ie , to get to Maintenance screen ....

Power off the phone

Press and HOLD the Volume Up button

Press and HOLD the Side Key (ie, power button)

When you see the boot logo , release both keys .... you will see the Maintenance screen

Proceed with the "second thing" steps in previous reply