Original topic:

Text message app not allowing me to select images from internal storage?

(Topic created: 12-10-2021 09:06 AM)
SPE
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I upgraded from a J7 to an A32. The only option to attach a picture to a text is from the camera or taking one to add. Video allows me to select Google and Audio allows internal storage plus a host of cloud options.

Is this who the app works now or do I have an issue? I cleared data and the cache plus looked at Settings and cannot find an issue with the phone causing this.

10 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Have you tried to Use the Samsung Gallery app to send pictures to text messages
0 Likes
SPE
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

No and with other Icons providing links to sources like Google I did not see a need to. How is this done?

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Locate the Samsung gallery app and then just open up the app which will show your pictures and then click on the middle icon, which will launch icon to send the picture in a text message Screenshot_20211210-120444_Gallery_2620_1639155884.jpg
0 Likes
SPE
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
That is the issue. There in no option such as Google or other cloud storage. The picture must be on the phone unlike the J7.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Goggle photos has an option to attach pictures to text messages on the top of the screen
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
0 Likes
SPE
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I used Google photos but having to search for a text after I select a picture is not user friendly. I installed Google text and it works just like the Samsung app used to. Makes no sense I can use Google in Video with a  host of cloud options in Audio. Thanks for the feedback.

0 Likes
Solution
SPE
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Better to be lucky than good. I looked at the App in Settings and cleared the Default. Now I have other options like Video and Audio. Crazy it was something this simple.