How do I archive text messages?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cosmic Ray
Solution
Accepted by topic author user5V6bqdRn3z
Tuesday

Re: Text messages

As for Archiving.. Not sure if that's possible but you can save them to SD card. Hope this helps. 

5 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Hey, I really appreciate you taking the time to reach out to our community about this, @user5V6bqdRn3z.

Would you mind letting us know which device you are running? These steps do differ based on which text messaging app you are using.

If you could provide us with some information about your device, such as the following it will make it a lot easier for us to give you an answer.

• Model Number
  • Baseband
  • Carrier

If you are using the stock Messaging app on a Galaxy S8, you can delete text messages by:

1. Holding down on a conversation from the conversation list
  2. Selecting delete from the top bar

Let us know if you need help with anything else and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I'm trying to save the message, not delete it.

Samsung Moderator

I completely understand. At this time there is no way to hide a message from your text messages with our stock messaging app.

You may want to test out some third party apps that offer this feature.

Does anyone in our community have any suggestions for a third-party text messaging application that provides this feature?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Cosmic Ray

If you are using Samsung messages, open the text you want to save put your finger on the actual message and hold it until the menu pops up. Click lock message. 

Cosmic Ray
Solution
Accepted by topic author user5V6bqdRn3z
Tuesday

As for Archiving.. Not sure if that's possible but you can save them to SD card. Hope this helps.