cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

'The profile update could not be completed' notification from OMADM reaccuring every hour Galaxy A21

Just got a new phone and declined the prompts to transfer my data from my old phone but now I am getting the notification in the title. When I tap it it gives me the error:

"The profile update could not be completed. Please Try again later.

If the problem persists, you may need to contact Customer Service.

Error: Unknown Error (0)"

It's not very intrusive as it doesn't make a noise but it does pop up on my screen every hour and that is less than ideal.

Old phone was a J7 Refine.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: 'The profile update could not be completed' notification from OMADM reaccu..

If you haven't already and are able, I would try to replace it with another A21. Would probably be a faster result.

Otherwise, try to Factory Reset the device or talk to Samsung Support directly.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: 'The profile update could not be completed' notification from OMADM reaccu..

My Note 9 has been doing the same thing! Factory reset didn't fix it for me.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: 'The profile update could not be completed' notification from OMADM reaccuring every hour Galaxy

go into the phone search bar type OMADM. Select the app and then select force stop at the bottom.

Worked for me, good luck.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: 'The profile update could not be completed' notification from OMADM reaccuring every hour Galaxy

Problem is, the force stop is not working for me. Wether i press "cancel" or ok" , no result

Highlighted
Asteroid

It comes back after stopping the omadm app, removing sim, etc. The update prl and update profile options are greyed out too. This is a samsung issue affecting many phone models on all carriers in the us. Nothing there user or carrier tells you to do will fix this. It's a samsung issue. Has been fir over a month now: every half hour you get either omadm error or unkown error #0 all day long.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am having the same problem with my S8, and it is very frustrating and disrupts my use of the phone. I did all of the different steps..... turn off phone, reinsert sim card, did a rest, none of those things worked. Samsung offers no support to fix this, and TMobile has no idea how to fix it. Very frustrating. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

This seems to be happening on a variety of Samsung devices, including my Tab A 8.0.  None of the published "fixes" seem to work -- ultimately you are back to square one.  A Force Stop only works for a few minutes.  Until Samsung fixes this permanently, the only way to regain some sanity is to DISABLE the OMADM package ("Open Mobile Alliance Device Management").  You can do that by installing a package manager/disabler like Alliance Shield X.  You have to register, but it is both free and ad-free.  It is working well for me.

Highlighted
Constellation

I found this answer elsewhere from someone named Jonah and it worked for me. You can google for how to do a nice update. I was having this problem after a system update of my Samsung Galaxy S9 today. Here's Jonah's answer "I think i was able to get rid of that by first attempting to  do a uicc unlock, then when that failed i clicked on the omadm notification in the upper slide down thing' and it updated. Who knows why or if itll last but thats what i did anyhow". In my case the uicc update succeeded.