JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

To me l interpret the lack of a charger as Samsung

(Topic created: 10-05-2021 10:04 PM)
Aerrileone
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
To me l interpret the lack of a charger as Samsung just being cheap and thinking that they can get away with it because of Apple but in reality it's of no impact to me..
10 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Jamess467
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
However, if you want the charger that allows you to maximize its potential. You have to then buy a new charger. It's not eliminating waste, it's making more waste.
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
EU is looking to standardize to a simple USB-C cable across the board for all cellphones. No more special chargers to maximize potential. Such fine-tuning will be done by the phone's software. And yes, it does save Samsung a little money, which they will hopefully pass on to consumers in slightly lower phone prices.
moe
Sun
Options
Other Mobile Devices
But not everyone that buys a new phone will also buy a new charger as some will already have one lying around. If anything, they're making a small impact.
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The thought is you would use the same USB-C cable from your old phone with your new phone. No more special charger would need to be manufactured or sold.
Aerrileone
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks for sharing ❤
0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Interesting take on EU, considering they're forcing Apple to keep wired headphones in the box to this day.
moe
Sun
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Personally, I didn't mind as the S21 series this year was $200 cheaper than last years, spending $25 extra for a charger wasn't bad. However, I'd prefer if they'd continue sending chargers in the box. We all know their reasoning for not including the charger was a load of poo.
curt39
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Go