Original topic:

Transferring data from old phone

(Topic created: 06-13-2021 10:50 AM)
DrCindy
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I got a A32 5g and am trying to use Smart Switch to transfer data from my old galaxy. I'm connected to the same WiFi network. The old phone is using an Android version new enough for transfer but it won't connect. Any suggestions? Thank you.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Blue7
Sun
Options
Other Mobile Devices

i recommend using the c to c cable to transfer data via Smart Switch, it's much faster. 

but wifi transfer should work as well.. i'd submit an error report via samsung members app if it keeps failing to transfer (members app > + button > error report) 

0 Likes
Celeste37
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Smart Switch didn't work on mine either.
0 Likes
Samsung_eNkn5GX
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Mine didn't work as well. Is there an issue of this app not working on default starting with version 3.7.05.8? The version on my Smart Switch is 3.7.20.2 and it gives me this ugly message that "Security policy restricts use of Smart Switch". I don't even know what that means...

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

We would be happy to look into this for you, please give us a call at 1-800-726-7864 directly.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes