JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trouble Updating My Carrier Unlocked Samsung A13 5g past Android 11

(Topic created: 12-25-2022 12:06 PM)
mynameis123
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I was wondering if anyone can offer tips on how to update my carrier unlocked Samsung A13 5g. It's currently operating on the Android 11 software, instead of the Android 12/13 it's supposed to receive. I've tried using Smart Switch to force update it, but it says that there's no available update. PLEASE HELP MEEE!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
That is your issue. Go to AT&T store ask for a working SIM card and put it in your phone. Check for updates and I'm sure your phone will find multiple of them and you will just have to stay in the store and keep updating until there will be no more updates. Then you can just give the SIM card back to the store employee. You can also asks someone you know with AT&T service.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Which carrier was your device with before it was unlocked? Which carrier are you using now?

0 Likes
mynameis123
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Before it was unlocked, it was AT&T
I'm currently using Tello
Solution
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
That is your issue. Go to AT&T store ask for a working SIM card and put it in your phone. Check for updates and I'm sure your phone will find multiple of them and you will just have to stay in the store and keep updating until there will be no more updates. Then you can just give the SIM card back to the store employee. You can also asks someone you know with AT&T service.

mynameis123
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Wow
Thanks a lot
dpete47
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Install Samsung Smart Switch to your phone and Windows PC. Connect your phone to your PC and the app will find and install Android updates.  I do not know why this happens - when phones fail to receive OTA updates

madic
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Is this safe?
0 Likes
dpete47
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yes it is
0 Likes