cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUv3uhjsbkf
Constellation

Troubles with Galaxy A6 (US AT&T) Bluetooth

I recently purchased an A6 and quickly discovered that my bluetooth connectivity was greatly affected by something I was inadvertently doing to trigger it. It gets to the point that if the cellphone is more than one foot away unobstructed the signal sounds choppy and inconsistent, as well as when I have the phone 8" from my face as I send a text or just the use the cell in general. My Gear S2 also disconnects the bluetooth if I place the phone in cell holster opposite the watch and whenever I take a call in general. I did a test in safe mode to see if it was an app and nothing. I did my first hard reset one day and for the next three days I installed three apps at a time and nothing more for a few hours to make sure it wasn't an app. After installing all of them and using Nova Launcher as the default I had no issues. Around the third day I decided all was well and set a song from my music collection as my ringtone via the Sound Picker alternative the phone allows in addition to a custom default notification, and once more the connectivity issues started up. Lastly, I did two more hard resets to test my theory about customizing the cell, and ultimately discovered that if I changed anything to the system defaults (aside from Launcher), the bluetooth would cease to function properly. 

Has anyone had any success fixing said issue or am I doomed to have to deal with this issue until I change phones? I enjoy the A6 and would hate to have to figure out some other alternative for a phone.

15 REPLIES 15
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Troubles with Galaxy A6 (US AT&T) Bluetooth

Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out for assistance. Have you tried resetting the network settings to see if that helps any?

userUv3uhjsbkf
Constellation

Yes I have. I have also tried resetting all settings to default, factory data reset, and a hard reset (three times total). The hard reset fixes the issue right up until I customize anything, i.e. ringtone, notification tones, or the sorting feature for apps in the default launcher.

userUv3uhjsbkf
Constellation

So I exchanged the phone for a other and came to find out after updating the OS to the latest that it begin to demonstrate the same problems. 

At this point I'm convinced the latest OS is the problem and that there must be something in the programming that's interfering with the Bluetooth. Is there any way I can roll back the OS to something older? My S2 keeps disconnecting in addition to my headset signal suffering from just 2 feet away. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. Samsung doesn't have any authorized way to revert the software to the previous version.

userUv3uhjsbkf
Constellation

Do they have any solutions for this problem? Or at the very least some way to update the Bluetooth programming itself considering this issue has been apparent in 3 cell phones I know of and there seem to be a number of articles talking about the same thing. I really enjoy this phone and would hate to have to find a replacement. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for that information. Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? If you remove the launcher and change the settings do you still experience these symptoms? Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device? Do you experience Bluetooth connection issues with just the Gear S2 or other Bluetooth devices?

userUv3uhjsbkf
Constellation

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Thank you for that information. Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? If you remove the launcher and change the settings do you still experience these symptoms? Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device? Do you experience Bluetooth connection issues with just the Gear S2 or other Bluetooth devices?

Thank you for your prompt attention to my problem.

When I test the device in safe mode the cell won't let me turn on Bluetooth. 

The problem happens with both factory launcher and Nova launcher.

I tried wiping the cache and doing the full hard reset more than once. 

With the Gear S2, of I wear the holster on the opposite side, it disconnects. If I answer the phone it disconnects and reconnects minutes after hanging up. And with my Bluetooth headsets (Skullcandy and 3M  work sets) the signal breaks in and out. I also tried an Ion Clipster Active and the same result. All of them work well with my 2017 Samsung J3. 

The only way anything works is is I reset the phone to factory settings and don't modify anything. I can't change the home screen, I can't change the order of apps to alphabetical in the app drawer, I can't change ring tones or notification tones, anything, otherwise the Bluetooth ceases to work. My fiancée was using her phone just fine until the other day where she updated the OS. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you made sure that the devices are fully up-to-date?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userUv3uhjsbkf
Constellation

@SamsungZell wrote:

Have you made sure that the devices are fully up-to-date?

I have, yes. Both system and play store apps are all up to date.