Original topic:

Trying to add privacy settings on my phone

(Topic created: 02-20-2024 04:11 AM)
LilGale
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I got this phone and I still can't figure out the phone for complete privacy some how I was hacked and I can't seem to feel free and secure while using it. Any thoughts or suggestions would help tremendously. 

3 Replies
Jeppa40
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I think you should look through the settings and see what you can find out. Best advice. Good luck
0 Likes
realaud
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices

First, tell us which phone you have and what software version you are running, then maybe we can help you find a solution. Also, it would help to know the specific activity happening that makes you feel you've been hacked.

In many cases, it's not the phone itself that was hacked, but one of your accounts that was hacked (Samsung, Google, etc.). So you might want to go to each of those accounts you are signed into on your phone and secure them by a) changing the passwords, b) turning on two factor authentication, and c) checking which devices are showing as signed into your account and deactivating any that you do not recognize.  Use a computer or another device to do this.  Never change passwords on a device you think has been compromised.

After you have done all that, then I am afraid your best option is a factory reset and clean start. Meaning re-installing each app individually, rather than restoring from a backup.  If your phone was hacked/has stalkerware restoring from a backup will bring it back.  Doing clean installs is a pain, but it's the best way to make sure issues don't return.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@LilGale Which phone do you have? Have you searched YouTube for videos on your phone? 

Most privacy and hacking issues with modern devices are related to 2 things. The user has allowed someone with ill intents physical or online access to your phone. OR the user has downloaded or visited sites which have malware. 

0 Likes