JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Give us the option to remove Apps/Bloatware

(Topic created: 06-20-2020 02:18 PM)
Mykel
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I dislike most of the Samsung apps, and I  hope you will give us an option where we can remove Samsung apps. Why is there two app stores? I am pretty sure we all use Gmail, so why would we need Samsung Email? There's a lot of unesessary bloatware. I prefer to uninstall Facebook, not disable it. I would like to make this clear, I enjoy my Samsung phone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options

Hey there @Mykel 

Although you may be unable to uninstall some preloaded apps, you may be able to remove their shortcut. This causes them to hide from the home screen.

Remove shortcut

1. Swipe left or right to locate the app.
  2. Long touch the app until the following menu appears:
    • Select items
    • Remove from home
    • Disable
  3. Tap Remove from Home.
  4. The app is removed from the screen.

You can also uninstall app updates and turn off the auto-update feature for those using the App Manager.

---

Did this reply help? Let us know which step worked for you! Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution"  if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

View solution in context

8 Replies
MarkC609
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

There are Samsung specific apps such as Samsung E-mail, Samsung Browser, & a Samsung App Store in your device as not all regions rely on Google Services. You can always disable the apps you do not want in your app drawer. Go into your SETTINGS > APPS INFO > and from here you can Uninstaller or disable any applications you do not want to use.

TheRealFarshad
Constellation
Options
Hi. Some of these apps, such as Samsung Gallery, Galaxy Store, Messages or My Files won't be disabled on my Samsung Galaxy Tab SM-T295. I'd appreciate if someone could tell me how to remove these apps without rooting my device.
KingBeefVI
Halo
Options
Hate to tell you this but I don't use the GMail app, Samsung Email is much better. If you really want to know why there are two apps, direct your question to Google who requires GMail to be installed, amongst others
0 Likes
Mykel
Constellation
Options
sorry to hear that.
0 Likes
Solution
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options

Hey there @Mykel 

Although you may be unable to uninstall some preloaded apps, you may be able to remove their shortcut. This causes them to hide from the home screen.

Remove shortcut

1. Swipe left or right to locate the app.
  2. Long touch the app until the following menu appears:
    • Select items
    • Remove from home
    • Disable
  3. Tap Remove from Home.
  4. The app is removed from the screen.

You can also uninstall app updates and turn off the auto-update feature for those using the App Manager.

---

Did this reply help? Let us know which step worked for you! Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution"  if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
userXk3vEIg0cw
Astronaut
Options

So basically if Samsung won't let you uninstall an app from one of the most corrupt company's in the word does that mean Samsung subscribes and accepts facebooks position to restrict free speech?

usercGRdQAyJnB
Constellation
Options
Thank you for also voicing my opinion about Facebook and Samsung's association with the app and it's CEO.
userbZ1UuJ9XP9
Constellation
Options

I have been trying to remove and disable unwanted apps for months. When my phone carrier forces new software updates, all my settings go back to enabled and now it seems we need 5 different apps just for Facebook. I use Protonmail and Signal and other apps for the calendar and such for my family. After years of being a loyal Samsung customer, I'm finally looking into just a basic phone. No data, no unwanted, unused apps that won't let me disable them permanently. If these apps were not forced on us it would be different. And maybe phones wouldn't cost as much if people could choose which apps they want. But I guess the public can't have a choice in which companies are considered big tech. If they actually gave us a choice, they'd have to have real customer service skills.