Original topic:

☆UPDATE☆ Still don't have enough storage space on my Samsung A20?

(Topic created: 08-23-2021 12:54 PM)
RoxxStar67
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

☆If you are here for the usage scroll to the bottom of the original post below☆

I have a Samsung A20 that I've had about 1 1/2 years and it's all of a sudden telling me that I can't do anything cause I'm out of space that I need to delete some files. Well in looking into what's taking up internal space it shows apps, but I've also already deleted a bunch of apps, pics, videos and files and I still don't have any more space available it's so frustrating. I like my lower payment with Metro pcs, but pcs, really miss the service I had with at&t. 

Anybody else have this problem? 
Have any solutions?

☆UPDATE HERE☆
Someone commented on my original post to move some of my apps to my SD card. As long as I've owned a computer, which was before we could put a SD cards in computers cause cell phones didn't exist yet. Well I couldn't figure it out after trying & going to where I thought there'd be an option. Thank You YouTube, here's how you do it, at least the Android way. 

Go to: Settings
Scroll down to Apps
 * ok there's a couple different ways to clear up internal storage. If you only need to free up some space, once you're in Apps, go to the 3 dots in the top right corner, select sort then select size. This will bring up the Apps taking up the most storage. What I did was just start at the top working my way down. 
Select the App, click on storage, now at the bottom right corner is the, "Clear Cache", click it and it does what it says.
If you want/ need to free up more space these next instructive are how tti move Apps to SD Card 
Now look towards the top of the page to "Storage Used" it will show where that App is stored either "Internal" or "external" storage.if this particular App you have open is one that you Can move to your 
SD card (external storage) there will be a button to click, "Change" then you'll get 2 options, Internal Storage or SD Card. A Warning will pop up telling you to Do Not open the App you're moving. At the bottom right side of your screen will be the "Move" button click it and wait till the transfer finishes once it does you'll be taken back to your list of Apps and just go to the next App following the same steps. 
Unfortunately not all your Apps can be moved, I got very frustrated when I started cleaning the cache and my first 10 Apps couldn't move. 

Ok I hope this helps someone, Good Luck!
16 Replies
CuriousMind
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
If you don't think it's an error & you want to find more stuff that's taking up space, Google Files is a great app that helps you visualize where your storage is going & find your biggest files. Hope that might help.
KelO1960
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have this problem all the time with running out of space is this the sim card thats doing this or this cheapass phone
RoxxStar67
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Well both sim & phone came from metro pcs so they're both cheap, but I did put my own SD card in just so I'd have more memory.
0 Likes
KelO1960
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Mine is from consumer Cellular
BIGDRU
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Put all your apps,pics and videos on the memory card....
userlCIapBD9lt
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
How do you do it? I have tried with videos and pics and it just says move to here not to sdcard
0 Likes
RoxxStar67
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
So I can put apps on my SD card? I've been wondering this, do I move them like I do pics, videos & files?
0 Likes
khaniduncan
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have been having trouble with mine saying I have not enough room to add another app or anything and has anybody been experiencing when they have their phone on charge you're being warm but not hot almost hot put my phone on charge and they want to come back to it is warm but not too warm where it won't burn me and my phone is a Galaxy a11
RoxxStar67
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yes and I've gotten a warning while using my phone and having multiple apps open and my phone getting really warm while using it. Also it's gotten warm while charging I'm guessing I still had apps open while charging. For example last night my phone was plugged in all night and I know I had a few apps open still, this morning my phone had only charged to 49%. 😡
0 Likes