Original topic:

USB-C memory plug-in

(Topic created: 12-09-2023 09:34 AM)
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I am not sure why; my Samsung Galaxy A54 5G no longer engages with my plug-in memory adapter , I tested the memory adapter on an A13 Samsung and it works , I tried two different adapters and still my A54 does not want to engage either adapter, I could see the USB symbol flashing on the screen except it will not communicate with any external memory devices .
10 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userb3jRz03R2P Do you have a case on your A54 5G? If so, it may be preventing complete contact with the memory adapter. You can remove the case and see if everything works properly. 

Options
Other Mobile Devices
I already took it out of the case , still I am not able to use it , thank you
0 Likes
Starchaser
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Is the adapter otg? I had to go to an adapter that supported otg after I bought a new phone. Plain USB adapter no longer worked.
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It is a 3 in 1 Portable High Speed Micro USB SD TF OTG Card Reader , it was working 3 days ago
0 Likes
Starchaser
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Have you tried the adapter with another SD Card? I have had SD cards go bad in my Samsung phones after an update. They would work in other devices like a Pc but not in the phone anymore.
0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I contacted customer support and they send me this message I am now going through the diagnostic process ,
Hi, Nidal. Thank you for reaching out to our Social Media support channel. I'm sorry to hear that your phone is not reading the memory adapter. I'll be happy to assist you with that.
We should test the USB connection since you have already tested the device on a different phone.
We can use Samsung Members for that. You may already have the Samsung Members app. If you don't, you can get it from the Play Store or the Galaxy Store, then follow the steps below to run the diagnostic:
1- Open Samsung Members
2- Tap the Support tab at the bottom-left
3- Select Phone diagnostics
4- Scroll down, choose "USB connection" and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please give it a try and let us know how it goes. ^Jordy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Please read my latest input
0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I contacted customer support and they send me this message I am now going through the diagnostic process ,
Hi, Nidal. Thank you for reaching out to our Social Media support channel. I'm sorry to hear that your phone is not reading the memory adapter. I'll be happy to assist you with that.
We should test the USB connection since you have already tested the device on a different phone.
We can use Samsung Members for that. You may already have the Samsung Members app. If you don't, you can get it from the Play Store or the Galaxy Store, then follow the steps below to run the diagnostic:
1- Open Samsung Members
2- Tap the Support tab at the bottom-left
3- Select Phone diagnostics
4- Scroll down, choose "USB connection" and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please give it a try and let us know how it goes. ^Jordy
0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Not much could be done it has to go into authorized service center
0 Likes