cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TikPandora
Asteroid

Unable to Register Warranty Replacement

A frustrating situation only grows more frustrating.

I had to send my Samsung Galaxy Fit in for warranty repair, and they went ahead and replaced it with a completely different unit due to the issues it was having. This was bad enough, but now I am unable to register it on the Samsung website due to an error that I get every time I enter the SN.

I chatted with Samsung chat support and was told to try the Members app, which doesn't work on my phone at all for some reason, and was then was asked for the place I purchased it from and the date of purchase, which doesn't exist because it was a complete warranty replacement. I was basically told that he couldn't help me.

Any advice? I just want to register my Galaxy Fit so I have the peace of mind of still having a warranty on a device that I haven't even owned for four months yet. I find it hard to believe that I would be given a warranty replacement with an invalid serial number...

9 REPLIES 9
Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to Register Warranty Replacement

@TikPandora wrote:

A frustrating situation only grows more frustrating.

I had to send my Samsung Galaxy Fit in for warranty repair, and they went ahead and replaced it with a completely different unit due to the issues it was having. This was bad enough, but now I am unable to register it on the Samsung website due to an error that I get every time I enter the SN.

I chatted with Samsung chat support and was told to try the Members app, which doesn't work on my phone at all for some reason, and was then was asked for the place I purchased it from and the date of purchase, which doesn't exist because it was a complete warranty replacement. I was basically told that he couldn't help me.

Any advice? I just want to register my Galaxy Fit so I have the peace of mind of still having a warranty on a device that I haven't even owned for four months yet. I find it hard to believe that I would be given a warranty replacement with an invalid serial number...

@TikPandora 

Usually when devices get replaced they should be covered by the original device's date of purchase.

I never registered any Samsung devices and just keep proof of purchase unless device was bought on samsung.com.  Then the info is kept under "my products"

TikPandora
Asteroid

I was amazed I was able to get warranty work done the first time around. I don't have proof of purchase due to the original tracker being a gift. I just hope that if there are issues with my new device that I'm still covered even with the website not liking the serial number.

Honored Contributor

@TikPandora wrote:

I was amazed I was able to get warranty work done the first time around. I don't have proof of purchase due to the original tracker being a gift. I just hope that if there are issues with my new device that I'm still covered even with the website not liking the serial number.

@TikPandora 

- So if it was a gift and you didn't have proof of purchase, it is possible that there is a serial# info in their system.  Go to samsung.com, sign in and click on your name/avatar adn then go to "my products"

- As for the Samsung Members app, do you have it installed and it just doesn't open?  Tried to uninstall it and then reinstall?

TikPandora
Asteroid

I successfully registered the original device on my account, but it is the warranty replacement that I am unable to register for some reason.

And as for members, I've tried rebooting my phone, re-installing the apl, if just doesn't give me anything but freezes and errors.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hi there, for help registering your device I recommend calling our accounts team. They can be reached via 855-795-0509.  

I'd be more than happy to help with your member's application weirdness. What type of phone are you trying to use the app on? 

TikPandora
Asteroid

I do apologize, but I am unable to inform you about which kind of phone I am using as it keeps getting marked and removed no matter what I do.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@TikPandora Can you please send me the full model number for your device?

TikPandora
Asteroid

Did you want the model number of my phone or the Galaxy Fit?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I please have the model number of the device you aren't able to use the member's application with?