Original topic:

Unable to set my photos to default to Google photos?

(Topic created: 02-09-2024 09:05 PM)
CaptChristi
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

What's up with not being able to change default settings for gallery to Google photos? I've been trying for several days to change from Galery to Google photos because the gallery doesn't keep my pictures for very long. They just keep disappearing. So I want to change my Galaxy A14 5G Gallery default setting to be Google pics as default. Any ideas?

3 Replies
geeram99
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Wish I knew an could help but I'm having problems myself with this galaxy A03s. It's data is slow n buffers to much. Idk how to make it faster
0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Try this. Find the My Files app on your phone and open it.

Under Categories, tap Images. The next screen will show all the image files on your phone. Tap a photo to open it. It doesn't matter which one you open.

You will see a dialog box like in my screenshot on the right. Select which app you want to use to open photos and then tap "Always".

I have to say that I'm surprised and confused as to why Samsung didn't include photo editing apps under Settings > Apps > Default apps. All Samsung phones will at least have a choice between Samsung Gallery and Google Photos, and most people will have a preference that they will always want to use.
1707569709382.jpg1707569709400.jpg1707570334864.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The Google photos app is on your phone. Just add the app icon to your home screen and you can view your photos easily.

You might find this article useful https://www.androidauthority.com/change-default-apps-android-2-633572/
0 Likes