Original topic:

Unable to use Google wallet after system software update

(Topic created: 10-15-2022 04:45 PM)
Tim123456
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Galaxy A21
Installed and successfully used Google wallet/Google pay before installing latest system update on October 14. Now Gpay says phone is not compatible - possibly "rooted".
27 Replies
nana1234
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Having same rproblem says not enough security
0 Likes
Theos
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same issue here, been happening for a few weeks since the android 12 update. The latest SM-A215W updates breaks google pay. Says phone does not meet security requirements and to contact manufacturer. This update also killed my battery life and overall responsiveness of the phone, it is noticeably slower now to do anything.

0 Likes
userUHjBbqgNB6
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
My A21 is having the same security requirements message right after the update. I am very upset that a fix has not been released so I can use touch payments again. I am getting tired of using the card in my wallet instead.
0 Likes
martsss
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My Wallet app doesn't work since update.

On 4th of October I made a payment, updated, made a payment at grocery right after. Oups! Suddenly I'm told:

"Your phone doesn't meet security requirements"

I tried every useless help from the support line who just have a to do list (I even factory reset the phone). And then they are out of solutions.

It appears quite clear it's an error coming for the update given I made a payment with it. Could Samsung address this problem? I did all they suggested, but like mentioned, it stopped working RIGHT AFTER the update, so why not fix the bug instead of asking me to reset everything? It would be greatly appreciated

I have a A21.

userUHjBbqgNB6
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
My A21 is having the same security requirements message right after the update. I am very upset that a fix has not been released so I can use touch payments again. I am getting tired of using the card in my wallet instead.
0 Likes
martsss
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

yeah and then you have tons of way to be contacted but all of them are just unhelpful first line solution like "oh reset your phone".

Definitely not getting a Samsung for next phone at this rate, they break your stuff then give you the classic unhelpful solutions which are like reset everything, this takes hours for us to do to reinstall everything.

Then I get to  higher line that helps me but hey guess what, one email answer and I cannot reply to them so everytime I have to reexplain my solution, they ask me to reset, tell them all... geez no way to have a constant support with someone.

Had to vent a little, literally wasted 12 hours on this no kidding, this is why at this rate just gonna switch from Samsung in a month if they still refuse to fix it and all they propose is reset this and that when problem obsviously came from update.

0 Likes
martsss
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Me and many other have a problem:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Mobile-Devices/Unable-to-use-Google-wallet-after-system-so...

What does it take for Samsung to step in and actually fix a bug?

Edit:

- Yes I uninstalled it, factory reset, cleared cache. Did all the classic solution provided by Samsung to avoid actually investigating a bug.

- Yes it is a Samsung bug, see link, it happened to other immediately with the update. Already went to google and they confirmed the error was related to Samsung update.

- Please, my question is how to correctly report a bug so Samsung take a look at it. Got few answer so far, I appreciate people taking the time to answer, but none of them relate to the actual problem, of getting Samsung to investigate a bug.

user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You revealed private info ...

(No, didn't click ... would never tap a URL in a public forum )
martsss
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

ok but then how am I supposed to share a link? not everybody is a professional

0 Likes