cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userNLuUjmqLsF
Asteroid

Update july 2019

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This update has been horrible! Bixby button won't turn off anymore even though it says its off! How do you fix this? Also always on display won't stay on but says it is. It is taking forever to load anything! I was promoted to clear space out of my cloud but I've been sitting waiting for pictures to load for almost an hour and I'm only at the end of May! And I don't take a lot of pictures! Why is everything so slow?! Why did our personalizations get taken away? What, is this apple now and we can no longer change things?! (Wonder if this will get removed to for that last comment)

Really glad I read other's experiences and know I have to hold and swipe things to answer a call or to dismiss an alarm; that was a bad choice samsung. Also the multiple window button won't let me swipe to close individual windows....do I have to close everything and reopen them? Why is it doing this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BlueStorm
Galaxy

All major updates dismiss some features some kind of peop...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All major updates dismiss some features some kind of people liked, but also they add features that people wanted to have.

Im sorry u arent enjoying the new update :'(

All try to answer ur problems that u face. Bixby cant be disabled, but u can change the settings for bixby to be activated by doubled pressing the bixby instead of one. Also u can make the button a custom one to open any app u want on ur phone. And always on display has a new feature now where in order to activate it u need to tap on the screen to check the time and it will turn off after few seconds. If u want it always on then change it from aod settings. About the slow loading time, if ur internet connection is good but ur phone still downloads at slow speed then try a factory reset. And DO NOT delete ur cloud. Deleting everything on ur cloud wont solve anything. Try a factory reset then retrieve ur stuff from the cloud.

I honestly prefer android oreo more because for android pie is full of bugs. But eh, there are many useful features in this update that i wanted. Lets just hope next update would be a better one.

Enjoy the rest of ur day ^.^

21 REPLIES 21
spelunker
Constellation

Re: Update july 2019

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also hate this update and lost 2 years worth of messages.  The lack of personalization, the bixby thing, the chatbots, so much more. I know people like to just dismiss these complaints as just being upset by change, but no, this is a bad update because of what i lost and the nothing good i gained

userNLuUjmqLsF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree! This update has been the most frustrating for me in a very long time. The display issues and Bixby literally interferes with my business! I also hate we've been forced to essentially be apple without any personalizations, especially when I've had apple users get upset they can't change their text fonts or customize their text background, so now we are in the same boat as them! We've been able to these things for years, why were they taken away with this update?!

userQHALZTO8If
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agreed! This update is sooo bad, I had to sign in and put my 2 cents in.

The initial reaction after the update is, OMG they turned my Galaxy into an IPhone!

The rounded aps and childish symbols look sooo much like an IPhone. YUK!

Every common app has radically change to a less intuitive format.

If I wanted an IPhone I would have walked into an Apple Store.

BlueStorm
Galaxy

All major updates dismiss some features some kind of peop...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All major updates dismiss some features some kind of people liked, but also they add features that people wanted to have.

Im sorry u arent enjoying the new update :'(

All try to answer ur problems that u face. Bixby cant be disabled, but u can change the settings for bixby to be activated by doubled pressing the bixby instead of one. Also u can make the button a custom one to open any app u want on ur phone. And always on display has a new feature now where in order to activate it u need to tap on the screen to check the time and it will turn off after few seconds. If u want it always on then change it from aod settings. About the slow loading time, if ur internet connection is good but ur phone still downloads at slow speed then try a factory reset. And DO NOT delete ur cloud. Deleting everything on ur cloud wont solve anything. Try a factory reset then retrieve ur stuff from the cloud.

I honestly prefer android oreo more because for android pie is full of bugs. But eh, there are many useful features in this update that i wanted. Lets just hope next update would be a better one.

Enjoy the rest of ur day ^.^

userNLuUjmqLsF
Asteroid

Re: All major updates dismiss some features some kind of peop...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bixby before would let me turn that button off and now won't. How do you get it to turn to a double hit, because I'm not seeing anything about that. I deleted my gallery in samsung cloud bc I already had it backed up in google photos and it finally stopped prompting me to clear my cloud after doing that. All I really need is my contacts synced.

This new always on display totally messes my literally business up! I'm a massage therapist, it is neither sanitary or easy for me to tap my phone always to show me the time, especially if the always on display is on...that means it should ALWAYS be on! I will try what you suggested for that and see if it works.

userQHALZTO8If
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This update is sooo bad, I had to sign in and put my 2 cents in.

The initial reaction after the update is, OMG they turned my Galaxy into an IPhone!

The rounded aps and childish symbols look sooo much like an IPhone. YUK!

Every common app has radically change to a less intuitive format.

If I wanted an IPhone I would have walked into an Apple Store.

user4Nw5Uv6cxk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This update has prevented my from communicating with my drone through its controller, it's not an issue with the controller, I have two and both talk to the drone but my phone will not connect, it's not the cables, i have tried various combinations, 

It is the update and now I have an $800 paper weight due to Samsung and your "update"

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user4Nw5Uv6cxk, We can't confirm the compatibility of Samsung Products with Non-Samsung devices. I understand your frustration but I would recommend reaching out to the manufacturer of your device for further assistance. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user4Nw5Uv6cxk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The "non-Samsung product" did not FORCE the update to me.... SAMSUNG did and now things dont work so it is SAMSUNGS problem... who do I talk to that will actually TRY to get a fix instead of just pushing another "customer" to the side.

Maybe I should just find a manufacture that actually cares about their customers.