Original topic:

Update to Android 11

(Topic created: 11-07-2021 09:34 AM)
Blacky0127
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Still haven't been able to get the android 11 update, anyone know why? I use an A20

7 Replies
z8ch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It may be an issue with your phone carrier I know my note 20 ultra got it right away but my A20 took about a month to get the update. Hope this helps
0 Likes
CorgiMaster
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I'd say do not get the update.
0 Likes
Njdan30
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Try using a computer with smart switch
0 Likes
King444ryan
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Screenshot_20211027-200554_Samsung setup wizard.jpg

0 Likes
Ekamek
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Is the phone and SIM from the same carrier? If phone was bought unlocked (by/from Samsung), try using the computer @Njdan30 said or force flash it using Odin if you know how. Backup your data before flashing it.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello there, I understand how frustrating it can be to have to wait on an update you're excited for unfortunately when it comes to updates once Samsung has released them to the carriers it is up to the individual carriers to roll them out to the devices. Your first step to getting your update would be to speak to your carrier directly and ask if they have an ETA for when your device will receive the update from them. If your carrier does not know or cannot help you I would recommend downloading Smart Switch as other users have stated. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Blacky0127
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thank you for the information, the smart switch app worked great. Thanks to all that replied.
0 Likes