JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Voice Command for Camera on Galaxy A32 5g?

(Topic created: 10-04-2022 07:24 AM)
WVaGal
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi Community 😊. The camera on my previous phone, an LG, would take a photo just by saying certain words, like "cheese" , "LG" , etc., thereby keeping my hands free and better able to keep the phone steady. I have searched everywhere and I can't believe that my Galaxy does not have that simple capability. Am I missing it somewhere? Thank you so much!

12 Replies
Sakakawea
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It is under shooting methods in the camera settings. Screenshot_20221003-070130_Camera_1000001838_1664798585.jpg
0 Likes
WVaGal
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The only option I have under shooting methods is to press the volume keys to take a picture, there is no option for taking a picture by speaking a word.
MSqr
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Is there a way to use the voice commands for the front camera?
0 Likes
Sakakawea
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Voice command should also work for the front camera. I use the back camera more so than the front camera.
0 Likes
Waheela77
Explorer
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Try scrolling down further in the Camera Settings menu to 'Voice Control' option (see screenshot from my S7). There's also a 'Volume key function' that can be set so the Volume Up or Down button on left upper edge of phone can be pressed to take a photo or a video, and that works nicely if you want to keep both hands on the phone when taking picture.Screenshot_20221004-090035_Camera.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
WVaGal
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Well , I don't have that setting. Apparently the Samsung "A" phones aren't as sophisticated as the "S" phones 😠🙄

WVaGal
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
And now I can't find the Samsung members app that I thought used to be on my home screen, I had to do a search for it. Is there a way to get it on my home screen? I hate this phone, I need to go back to my LG phones.
0 Likes
Waheela77
Explorer
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Might try websearch for "camera voice control on samsung galaxy a32 5g" ... to see if any of those suggestions will work
0 Likes
Waheela77
Explorer
Options
Other Mobile Devices
If you have found the icon for the Samsung Members app (on another screen on your phone for instance; these phones can have many screens with a few or full of icons as the user wants to arrange; the multiple screens can be accessed by swiping in a blank spot from left to right or by swiping down and up) >> try press and hold on the Members icon until a pop-up menu appears... which might have an option for "Add to home screen" ... you'll still need to swipe around to see which of the screens it ended up at... from there you can press-and-hold on the icon and drag it past the edge of one screen and onto an adjacent screen... keep going like that until the icon is where you want it to be. IF that doesn't work I have another technique that might.
0 Likes