Original topic:

Wanting to uninstall One UI update on my Samsung A14

(Topic created: 02-14-2024 03:59 PM)
Mamakerp
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Looking for info on uninstalling this asap. It installed and has made made several apps unusable. I get stuck on an alarms and notifications page.

Phone worked perfectly right up until it installed. It's an older model, A14.

If you tell me that the update is not supported on this phone, I'm headed for the Google pixel 8 tomorrow.
4 Replies
picklerick94
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
This isn't the place to get immediate help. Call support if you want help right away. You can't uninstall software updates and if it's one UI home that updated and there's an issue with it you could try clearing data for it. You can reset the launcher by going to Settings > Apps > One UI Home > storage > clear data.
3Fees
Nebula
Options
Other Mobile Devices
My UI 6.0 FOTA update bricked my phone. I downloaded UI 5.1.1 LATEST update and installed thru Odin latest patched, then used samsung Smart Switch to install UI6.0, works fine no problem, there is a few additions, one being battery information, much more detailed. Mine is sm-146u 5g.

Cheers

3fees
rk76
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

how do you do it? mind giving a step by step process

0 Likes
3Fees
Nebula
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Go to xda forums and look up samsung a14 5g. There are posts there, including mine , you can also post questions to the general membership. If you have ui 6.0 installed and it's not working you can't backstep, you need to flash ui 6.0. Basically you download the firmware, download Odin and put the files in Odin, connect your phone thru USB to your pc where you have the ui6.0 firmware and Odin downloaded, then put your phone in download mode and with the files in Odin flash your phone to UI6.0 installed and working. I flashed up the phone to UI 5.1.1 as UI 6.0 fota bricked my phone and UI 5.1.1 bootloader was still present and then paused update to UI 6.0 and used Samsung Smart Switch to install UI 6.0. Service will cost you lots of bread to flash your phone up.
Cheers
3fees
0 Likes