Original topic:

Warranty Problems

(Topic created on: 3/5/21 5:08 PM)
Soxxx
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I bought a set of black Galaxy buds plus from Amazon. Soon afterward the right rea bud sound started to fade. After a few months, it was almost gone. I contacted Samsung about the warranty. I sent a copy of the receipt and took the required photo that they requested and sent them out to be looked at. I got an email after a few days saying that they were no longer under warranty and it would cost $108 to fix them. I called and asked to take to a tech that could explain to me why they were no longer under warranty. A young lady got on the phone and told me that my earbuds have "cosmetic damage on the cradle". I asked her if the earbuds had any physical damage like cracks from a drop, water damage to damage that would cause the earbuds not to work properly. She told me no, there are "rub marks on the cradle". I then asked to talk to a supervisor and she puts this other person on the phone. I asked him if the earbuds were inspected and found to have physical damage that would cause the device to not work. He answered "no sir" it says here that the damage is just cosmetic, rub marks. He ask if they have ever fallen out of my ears , I said yes they have. Then I ask was there any physical damage again. He answered "No" but there is small rub mark on the buds. I told him to send my buds back. Yep, I guess Jabra will be my go-to company for earbuds going forward. $108 to fix them when I can get them new for $109 on Amazon.

0 Likes
1 Reply
usergduzVq0upD
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
sad 2 hear. But I guess, it is what Samsung want's. :sad_but_relieved_face:
0 Likes