Original topic:

What does a grey phone with grey outward facing arrow mean in outgoing call log?

(Topic created: 10-18-2021 12:02 PM)
userv3Gt5ePVhc
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

A person says they called me and talked to me from their samsung phone, but I never received the call and there is no record in my call logs. To backup their claim, the person sent a screenshot from their phone. On the screenshot the incoming call symbol is a grey phone with inward facing green arrow. The missed call symbol is a red phone with bent red arrow and the purported call to me is the only outgoing call visible, the call log symbol is a grey phone with grey outward facing arrow.

Based on the symbol convention/colours for the other calls visible in the screenshot, should the outgoing call to me not have an orange outward facing arrow if the call was connected? What does a grey outward facing arrow on an outgoing call mean?

Thanks for your help

5 Replies
DanG92263
Sun
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Screenshot, please.

All my call symbols are the same color on my s10+, regardless of the status.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userv3Gt5ePVhc 

• 20211018_142747.jpgThe gray handset with the gray arrow pointing at the handset indicates a call that you received. 

• 20211018_142715.jpg The gray handset with the green arrow pointing away from the handset indicates a call that you made. 
  • 20211018_142654.jpg The red handset with the broken arrow means that you ignored an incoming call. 
  • SmartSelect_20211018-142617_Phone.jpg The cassette tape indicates that you the caller left a voicemail.

The only thing this person has is an indication that someone called them and the caller ID used your phone number. Since you didn't make the call, someone spoofed the caller ID to appear like you made the call. 

0 Likes
userv3Gt5ePVhc
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi,

here is the screenshot in question. The purported call is outlined in green. This person is saying they called me. There is nothing in my call logs

Image1.PNG

0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userv3Gt5ePVhc That only means that they called your number. It does not indicate if they actually talked to you. Nor does it mean that they left a message. 

And that is May? 6 months ago? 

0 Likes
userv3Gt5ePVhc
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks LongHiker. Yes this is May, 6 months ago. 

Yes, the screenshot doesn't give any information away about the number called from or to, or the duration of the call.

My phone is pay as you go and the operator doesn't keep details on incoming calls so I can't independently prove that I didn't receive the call. And the other party says that their phone is pay as you go and their operator has said that they don't keep outgoing call records after 3 months.

Basically I need to independently prove that I didn't receive this call, and there is no chance of me getting my hands on the other party's phone to see the details of this purported call

0 Likes