JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What is the IMS Service?

(Topic created: 10-13-2018 04:15 AM)
userw2n30CaSXg
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I would like to know what the IMS service is?

Why does it have permission to record calls?

Is there any way to remove it, if it is not important?

Note: There are 4 apps/services related: IMS service, IMS settings, ImsLogger+, com.sec.ims

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

IMS is a general-purpose, open industry standard for voice and multimedia communications over packet-based IP networks. It is a core network technology, that can serve as a low-level foundation for technologies like Voice over IP (VoIP), Push-To-Talk (PTT), Push-To-View, Video Calling, and Video Sharing.

View solution in context

19 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

To better assist you, what device are you working with?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userw2n30CaSXg
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I am using Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime (16 GB).

userXeptFHa4w9
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Serial number :<Hidden>

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

IMS is a general-purpose, open industry standard for voice and multimedia communications over packet-based IP networks. It is a core network technology, that can serve as a low-level foundation for technologies like Voice over IP (VoIP), Push-To-Talk (PTT), Push-To-View, Video Calling, and Video Sharing.

userw2n30CaSXg
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@SamsungKim1

1. Can applications using technologies like Voice over IP (VoIP), Push-To-Talk (PTT), Push-To-View, Video Calling, and Video Sharing work without the IMS service?
  2. The IMS service is present only in Samsung phones, am I right?
  3. (Rewriting my earlier question) Is there any way to remove it, if it is not important?
0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

1. I don't think that is possible

2. It is not a Samsung property

3. I do not recommend removing this

0 Likes
usera9njnt2dWX
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I cannot delete I cannot do anything with notifications from this service, although I have set no visual or audio messages from this appliction, they appear nevertheless. Is there a way to delete them and stop receiving them? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices

To disable the notifications, go to Settings>Apps, tap the options (3 dots upper right), and select Show System Apps. Scroll down and select IMS Service, and turn off Notifications. Do the same for IMS Settings and IMS logger.

userVXnQUUoTq9
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have no option to turn off the notifications on IMS. They appear as "allowed" and I have no options to block them or turn them off.